Frame Rate Stutters While Powered On

Solid84

I'll try to check if it's the same for me!

thanks.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Confirmed, if maps mode are kept off, no stutters anymore.

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 4 weeks later...
The moment I switch the NS430 to terrain mode, is the moment stuttering and freezes begin.

I have no problems with the NSD430 when using any other mode besides map and terrain.

Mee too. NS430 mounted in Mi-8 on the PG map.

Its bugged and NOT usable in this state !!

I don't know if already reported but the bug happens in VR too. Tested in PG map with L-39, massive stutter with NS430 on, switched off and all becomes super-smooth. i7 6700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, SSD, Oculus Rift S. Last open beta.

Here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4448998&postcount=49

ChromiumDis.png

Its bug from 2018? Two years old critical bug and nobody from the ED not solved it?

Simply NS430 module on the PG map is not usable ..

For all intents and purposes, it's an abandoned module. The last time it received any attention was two years ago, and that was a very minor changed. Before that it hadn't really been touched since release three years ago.

Maybe they'll pick it up again some time in the future, but I wouldn't bet on it.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team

It is not abandoned, some bugs just take longer to resolve than others.

I will ask the team for any news.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think there's no need to add further functionalities (SIDs and STARs are not military stuff): the ones already there are enough to me... as long as they work.

Good for you but you are OFF TOPIC.

This is a BUG REPORT about the low FPS and stutters that make the NS430's Terrain page unusable on the PG.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hmm I actually considered buying this module for C-101 but if it has major issues for 2 years it is an instant no-go.

Well, world is not perfect... new modules are unfinished and old ones get little maintenance. I should've learned by now to stay away from any older modules... it's only that a lot of them would be fun and something new if originally missed at the time of their launch.

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

It is not abandoned, some bugs just take longer to resolve than others.

I will ask the team for any news.

thanks

This is not a matter of bugs.

This is a matter of the majority of the functionality not even being in yet. The fact that the functionality that is in is also largely broken just makes it worse.

It is supposed to “provide powerful, yet intuitive, navigation and radio communications options to supplement the navigation and radio systems already integrated into your aircraft.” The cockpit integration modules are supposed to be “fully wired into the electrical and radio systems of the [Mi-8MTV2 and L-39]”. The longer module descriptions claim that it “serves as both a communications radio, navigation radio, and GPS receiver”.

It provides no communications options. It is not wired into the radio systems of the aircraft. It does not serve as a communications radio. It has no navigation radio functionality. Its GPS receiver and the navigation it provides are full of bugs and large swaths of functionality are missing.

This has been the state for three years, during which it has received one update of note to fix some performance and rendering issues. So little works and so little attention has been given to it that, while it may be a bit harsh, I really do feel that “for all intents and purposes, it's an abandoned module” is a pretty accurate description. The highlighted part is there for a reason — it may not be formally abandoned, but the distinction between that and how it has been handled since release is largely academic.

It would be nice to hear back from the team, but not just on the bugs but on all the missing bits.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team

Hi,

Radio functionality is for beacon signals.

I will ask the team about other functionality but can not promise anything currently.

As mentioned I have asked the team to look at the fps drop reported here, if we find the cause and can fix we will.

Thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Eh… ok. I can't wait for an explanation of how “communications radio” is somehow the same thing as “navigation radio” even though they're explicitly mentioned as different things and even though the actual GNS 430 is an “all-in-one GPS/Nav/Comm” unit — the radios being clearly described as being split into “VHF Com and VHF Nav radio functions”, what with there being a dedicated comm and nav radio flip-flop buttons… :D

Btw, the radio navigation features are also missing. So there's also that little problem…

Radio functionality is for beacon signals.

VLOC doesn't work i.e. the deviation bar is purely GPS and gives no guidance to localizer or VOR radial.

By default, neither COM or NAV radios can be heard by the pilot.

You can tune to a VOR / ILS and hear the ID (only when COM squelch is disabled AND NAV ID selected on the volume controls) i.e. VOR 113.6 MHz, KT at Kutaisi, ILS 111.5 MHz RWY 07 Kobuleti, ILS 110.3 MHz RWY 13 Batumi.

There's no way to set a VOR radial/course to follow as the NS430 doesn't interact with the host aircraft (AFAIK there's no way to set a course/radial bearing solely within the NS430 i.e. we need a OBS knob or key assignment in DCS).

ILS localizers wouldn't need a course set but as said, the NS430's VLOC deviation bar doesn't work.

The VHF COM radio can be tuned to listen to ATC, etc. (when squelch is disable) but there's no way to transmit i.e. a keyboard hot key, so they are functionally redundant i.e. why transmit on an aircraft's com 1, to hear the reply on the NS430.

The whole Radio and VLOC side of the NS430 feels like an unfinished project or something that ran out of time/resources.

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.54046

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Btw, the radio navigation features are also missing.

As is the OBS course deviation (cross track), so you can't fly VOR radial / approach using GPS either.

ebIsQBs.jpg

@BIGNEWY

I can create a new bug report for this if required but AFAIK it was picked up by Beta Testers at the time of release

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3290060#post3290060

... and there seems little point in creating new reports when there haven't been the resources to fix simple stuff like the "AV8B" --> "AV8BNA" typo in NS430\entry.lua

• ED Team

@BIGNEWY

I can create a new bug report for this if required but AFAIK it was picked up by Beta Testers at the time of release

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3290060#post3290060

... and there seems little point in creating new reports when there haven't been the resources to fix simple stuff like the "AV8B" --> "AV8BNA" typo in NS430\entry.lua

Yes please report so I can get it in the system, I am not seeing it.

The typo issue is reported, I have asked the dev to take a look as it is an easy fix.

I will do my best to chase up issues, but getting dev time is difficult at the moment.

thank you

Getting dev time is *always* difficult. :-D we all know that, like when you phone a service number of almost any major company and hear the recording: "we are exceptionally busy at the moment, please wait or reach us through our website" or something along those lines. I've never heard them being exceptionally available to serve their customer at the moment. :-)

Everything is a question of priorities. In personal life, business, relationships, etc. I personally would embrace that those priorities were publicly and honestly displayed, as it would mean less practical guesswork and more trust.

My current view based on all I've read here and elsewhere is that the NS430 module is practically abandonware and I have no trouble with that, just moved on. Good to know. Obtained the Syria map, for example. While it currently is an FPS murderer, it's clearly actively developed and optimized - in contrast with e.g. the NS430 module.

Sorry for the possibility of sounding like a rant here, not intended. Just tried to state the obvious.

Edited by RedX

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=37992196 I have done searches on how to get

the NS430 to start up and work. I cannot find a manual any where.

Without a manual, even starting it up would do no good. Chucks Guides does not even have anything on it. Grim Reapers has a you tube vid that is helpful but I need a manual.

I did see a manual for the actual unit by Garmin but it wont tell You how to use NS430

in DCSW non steam.

Thanks for help and

Clear Skies

https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=37992196 I have done searches on how to get

the NS430 to start up and work. I cannot find a manual any where.

Without a manual, even starting it up would do no good. Chucks Guides does not even have anything on it. Grim Reapers has a you tube vid that is helpful but I need a manual.

I did see a manual for the actual unit by Garmin but it wont tell You how to use NS430

in DCSW non steam.

Thanks for help and

Clear Skies

I did find Lshift + Lalt + B to turn it on, so I will try that in a few minutes.

I cannot find a manual any where.

Please start a new thread if you have further questions.

The NS430 manuals (EN, CH and RU) can be found in

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\Doc\DCS NS 430 Manual EN.pdf"

I have asked the team to look at the fps drop reported here, if we find the cause and can fix we will.

If and can fix? I do not bother about missing radio comms or partially implemented or bugged radio nav, but gps navigation is the primary meaning of the module; as far as you experience massive stutter with the system on, the all module Is totally unusable: it's a game breaking bug and It should be high priority. If -> as soon as; and can fix -> we will fix.

• 2 months later...