[FOLLOW FORUM RULES] STR testing

Hummingbird

Latest round of STR & ITR testing, this time plotted on the RL EM diagram for the identical configuration:

eSGY9yK.png

From this it appears that the STR is noticably too low below 300 KTAS (M 0.46), but spot on to very close above that.

As for ITR, it oddly appears noticably too low below 250 KTAS (M 0.39), then basically spot on between 250 to 350 KTAS, however then above this it again appears noticably too low.

Edited by Hummingbird

It seems that ED has totally forgotten the FM issue at low speed. This problem exists since day 1 on release

It does appear there might be a drag issue at low speed.

The lack of ITR at high speed is an FLCS issue however, which is being worked on according to NineLine.

It seems that ED has totally forgotten the FM issue at low speed. This problem exists since day 1 on release

> Flight model and FLCS tuning <

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4453236&postcount=266

> Flight Dynamics

Several subject matter experts are involved in further improvements to the flight model and flight control system. This will provide substantial accuracy enhancements and we look forward to your feedback.<

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4432151&postcount=263

It seems ED is actively working on the flight dynamics and the flight model...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

> Flight model and FLCS tuning <

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4453236&postcount=266

> Flight Dynamics

Several subject matter experts are involved in further improvements to the flight model and flight control system. This will provide substantial accuracy enhancements and we look forward to your feedback.<

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4432151&postcount=263

It seems ED is actively working on the flight dynamics and the flight model...

It may be actively working on it, although it had passively not made any improvements for the past 6 months.

:thumbup:

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Umm theres plenty of F-15 info out there, you can easily find its -1-1, like we have for the F-16.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Ok lets follow forum rules then...

So ED might think their current FM is realistic, since they have said for sereral times that their EM diagram matches the HAF data. They have also asked real Viper pilots to test it, which they claim the results are pretty accurate.

But, the Viper just feels wrong at the moment. It struggles in dogfights and it cannot out-rate most fighter jets like the Hornet and the Eagle, and I was flying the correct rate speed. The pilot I was fighting was less skilled then me, and I had to make him overshoot almost everytime to kill him (he did not score a kill on me even once tho).

What I am trying to say is that from my experience of dogfighting in the DCS Viper, the jet just do not perform the way I expect it does. IDK if I was flying the Viper wrong or the jet is simply underperforming (or maybe other jets are overperforming?)

I seriously have no idea why my previous message was deleted as 1.15 (referencing other products) ...

But what I wrote was essentially:

Yeah .. maybe those HAF datas are correct and the F-16 behaves quite close to realistic here.

Maybe we have a thrust/ drag issue ..

Or maybe - because the F16 has a lot of information out there publically (HAF, etc) - it's the F18/F15 FM that are off.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Thx deadpool.

Be careful tho, I think we cannot even talk about our message being deleted because of forum rule 1.3 (Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.)

lol