TAC 25 - Target 2?

Teeps

Hi,

I've finally made it to TAC25 after some challenging missions along the way. This campaign has definitely made me a better A-10 pilot!

The briefing and voiceovers mention two targets, but the co-ordinates are only given for target 1. How do I know what to kill for target 2?

Cheers!

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

In the PDF briefing doc on page 9 it shows Target 2 as a Convoy coming up a road.

Best advice is to locate the road with your TGP from Altitude and follow it North. It won't be long before you see the convoy as it's quite large.

Once identified you can send your wingmen in to engage the AAA threats and then you can clean up the rest of the units.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 6 months later...

Have attempted this mission several times and it always says I've failed. Target 1 is destroyed, Target 2 is identified moving on the road and I destroy several vehicles, but my wingmen will never engage. No matter what orders I give they just say, "Affirm", then "RTB". So I just wait for a while until the fire missions start. All the fire missions are successful, the other flights eventually destroy all of Target 2, then Uzi says I'm cleared to RTB and that he'll give a rating when I land. I head towards waypoint 7 and then 8, but as soon as I get near 8 Uzi says the PO is terminated because I've exited the area without permission, even though he gave me permission.

1. How many of the convoy vehicles do I have to destroy? All of them or just some?

2. Why don't my wingmen engage? I've tried "Engage Targets", "Engage Armor", "Engage at my SPI" with every type of weapon, etc.

3. How do I get permission to exit?

Sounds like you are not getting all the targets and or exiting the range at the wrong waypoint. Posting a .trk file would help figure that out.

Have you tried sending your SPI targets to the wingmen before ordering them to engage? This is similar to TAC18. Unless something has changed recently they should attack targets when sent your SPI location.

The FE should clear you for exiting the range once all the targets are destroyed but you need to exit at the appropriate waypoint as indicated in the flight plan.

Others have recently passed it so it could be a trigger corruption so a DCS Repair might help if you are certain you got all the required targets.

How many required targets are there? How many of the convoy need to be destroyed. Uzi says Target 1 is destroyed, then says Target 2 is destroyed, then says I'm cleared to RTB. I then follow the flight plan to Waypoint 7 and 8, and he says I've exited the target area without permission.

Who clears me to exit?

The FE will announce the end of the VUL period.

If you still have targets remaining before the end of the VUL period you should hear:

"You have two minutes left in your VUL period and there are still targets remaining."

You need to kill all the identified targets (including relaying the information to the Gunship so it can do it's job).

When you are cleared to RTB are you checking out of the range using the F10 menu?

He says both targets are destroyed, then says there are 2 minutes with targets remaining. How many of the convoy vehicles must be destroyed and what else needs to be destroyed when he says there are remaining targets after both main targets are destroyed and both fire missions are successful?

Is there a specific time/location or waypoint to checkout with F10?

Yes you do have to ensure all the identified targets are killed. So Target 1 (HQ units), Target 2 (Convoy units), and the gunship targets.

If he says there are still targets remaining then one of the target sets didn't get completely destroyed.

When you land the post flight BDA report will indicate which targets you missed.

For check-out you have to leave through either ALPHA or CHARLIE waypoints as indicated on the flight plan diagram.

There is also a practice mission which plays the same but has an in-air start close to the range so you can get a sense of the targets and practice your tactics, techniques and procedures before flying the final campaign mission. You can open it from the Mission Editor - it's located in the same folder as the campaign files.

If you still have trouble please post a .trk file and we can review it.

Yes you do have to ensure all the identified targets are killed. So Target 1 (HQ units), Target 2 (Convoy units), and the gunship targets.

If he says there are still targets remaining then one of the target sets didn't get completely destroyed.

When you land the post flight BDA report will indicate which targets you missed.

For check-out you have to leave through either ALPHA or CHARLIE waypoints as indicated on the flight plan diagram.

There is also a practice mission which plays the same but has an in-air start close to the range so you can get a sense of the targets and practice your tactics, techniques and procedures before flying the final campaign mission. You can open it from the Mission Editor - it's located in the same folder as the campaign files.

If you still have trouble please post a .trk file and we can review it.

Ok, this is ridiculous. Target 1 is destroyed, Target 2 is destroyed, both gunship missions are successful, Uzi says clear to head to egress point, Uzi says clear to RTB, I head to Waypoint 7 (egress), there are no F10 options to check out with anyone or do anything else, but every single time after passing Waypoint 7 Uzi says I've failed for exiting!

Please, please, please tell me EXACTLY what to do to finish this mission. I've tried it dozens of times.

From what I remember, you have to destroy the two targets, first is stationary, second is convoy. There can be random events as it seems, i. e. I had to manage CSAR for a pilot that got shot down. Maybe something like this was still active?

Like I said, finished it a couple of weeks ago and it was no problem at all. There really should be a CHECKOUT option if you finished all the tasks.

Yes, both targets are destroyed, both CSAR fire missions are successful, there are no other requests, Uzi says I'm clear to RTB, there are no checkout options, then Uzi says I've left the area without permission, even though he gave me permission.

You are supposed to head for waypoint named CHECKOUT. Watch your altitude, this one is a bit lower than the previous ones, I think at 7800 feet. Call range controll via radio>f10>CHECK OUT. But do so before reaching the CHECKOUT WP, otherwise it'll make you fail. Then it's just RTB.

Something's wrong then, because as I said, I got to the proper waypoints at the proper altitudes, and there is no F10 option to check out.

Yes, I've tried everything.

Repaired and attempted the mission 3 more times. Same thing every time. Targets 1 and 2 destroyed, Uzi confirms they're destroyed, fire missions 1 and 2 successful, Uzi says time is up and I'm cleared to RTB, Uzi says I can head to the egress point and he'll give me my rating on the ground, I head to waypoint 7, on the way to 7 I check out, then after 7 and approaching 8 Uzi says I've failed for leaving the target area without permission even though he gave me permission.

Can someone please tell me how to skip this broken mission so I can move on?

Edited by dporter22

• 4 months later...

So it finally let me exit the area. I landed, Uzi said great job on everything and I thought I was about to finish the campaign, then he failed me for not protecting Chevy.

I never saw a tasking regarding Chevy and neither Uzi nor Chevy ever requested assistance.

I destroyed both targets and completed both fire missions successfully. Nothing was ever said about Chevy and there were no other taskings. On the ground Uzi said everything was successful, then said I didn't protect Chevy and the mission was a failure.

Very frustrating.

Could you explain what's supposed to happen regarding Chevy? Like I said, both targets are destroyed, I get the "Member down" call, both fire missions are successful, then Uzi tells me to RTB.

When is Chevy supposed to be protected and is there a call or tasking for it?

When you get the mayday call you need to sanitize the area where the pilot will get picked up and then send in Chevy to get the pilot. This is similar to the CSAR mission in TAC24.

You may be running out of time if you are not completing the other missions fast enough.