Warthog Throttle Axis reversed - max throttle position shows zero in calibration

Scottyd

Hi, I've just ran the update for DCS as I have not played it for a year and dragged out my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick and throttles. I have updated windows from 7 to 10 about 6 months ago.

I now find that my throttles have the sliders reading in reverse and I cannot work out how to get them to display the minimum digital readout (Zero) at the idle position on each throttle and the max digital position (over 65000) at max throttle position.

I have tried reversing the axis in the DCS axis settings to no avail.

I have tried several calibrations in the USB Game Controller window to no avail.

I have tried loading up the TARGET UI software and it refuses to show the throttle axis movement on both L & R.

I have restarted windows and DCS and uninstalled the game controllers in the device manager and even unplug the throttles to no avail.

Intel Core i7-8700K 3.70 GHz 6-core 12-thread | Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF - Intel Chipset | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 OC 8GB) | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz |

I found V1.07 throttle cal tool and have ran that a few times (even deleted the throttles before running it) and its still going the wrong way :(

Intel Core i7-8700K 3.70 GHz 6-core 12-thread | Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF - Intel Chipset | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 OC 8GB) | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz |

Even the paddle wheel on the right side of the throttles is displaying its axis the wrong way...

Why use 3th party calibration software and not Thrustmasters?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It's normal, just a convention used in Windows.

If it's reversed in game, click the invert checkbox, that's what it's for.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have been trying the throttles in game and they are not working at all. I've been trying different settings in game for each axis but the throttles in game don't move at all.

Each aircraft has separate assignments and also there are different settings often for game and sim mode. Are you sure you're assigning them in correct place?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I'm in the settings for the F/A-18 Sim tab.

I now think its my fault as when I plugged in the throttles they were all the way forward and I keep deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it doesn't change. I also plugged the throttles into my sons gaming laptop with windows 10 on it and that doesn't have any thrustmaster software or drivers installed and in the properties for it they were doing the same thing.

I wonder if the throttles are stuffed?

No, as I said it's a normal convention in Windows. Towards the user is +, away from the user is -.

That's how the throttle looks in Windows with all axes full forward:

F6tVf7u.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
No, as I said it's a normal convention in Windows. Towards the user is +, away from the user is -.

That's how the throttle looks in Windows with all axes full forward:

F6tVf7u.jpg

Oh ok Thanks some1. I thought I was going mad trying to get it to function the opposite way.

Although in DCS, if I don't run a script in TARGET software, the throttles are opposite to the game.

You can either reverse the axis in TARGET or you can use the in game option

If you're only using TARGET to reverse the axis and nothing else you'd be better to use the Option that the game offers you as it will use less resources.

In the axis page of the settings click on the the device, then select Axis Tune in that page there is a checkbox to reverse the axis

• 3 years later...

I have this problem now too, And what isn't being addressed here is what went  wrong when it suddenly reversed axis. Does anyone know what would cause this and how what to fix. Flipping the axis in the game is just a bandaid if it works . Thanks for your input.