Stuck on mission 2

This may happen randomly. Was supposed to be fixed as DCS bug - AI sometimes have trouble refueling during turn. Try the mission again and it should be fine. or wait for tanker to complete its turn before telling your WM to refuel. This is out of mu hands, one of AI problems one has to take into account :/

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

This may happen randomly. Was supposed to be fixed as DCS bug - AI sometimes have trouble refueling during turn. Try the mission again and it should be fine. or wait for tanker to complete its turn before telling your WM to refuel. This is out of mu hands, one of AI problems one has to take into account :/

Thx for your quick reply and work on the Raven Campaign

So I accidentally forgot a few items in my pre-flight checklist ( I was thrown off by the new INS procedures which mixed up my routine) and ended up taking off 40 seconds after my wingman.

After establishing my course and altitude at waypoint 1 I realised he was missing I remember seeing an LSO message pop up, grading a landing. Surely not? Yep Smoke RTB'ed :lol:

Pretty sure it's my fault for taking off after him although he landed 4 minutes after I took off so should have known I'm in the air.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

So I accidentally forgot a few items in my pre-flight checklist ( I was thrown off by the new INS procedures which mixed up my routine) and ended up taking off 40 seconds after my wingman.

After establishing my course and altitude at waypoint 1 I realised he was missing I remember seeing an LSO message pop up, grading a landing. Surely not? Yep Smoke RTB'ed :lol:

Pretty sure it's my fault for taking off after him although he landed 4 minutes after I took off so should have known I'm in the air.

Dont press the space bar till your ready is the motto :)

One mission 2 the knee board says brc 175. But I was actually around the opposite of that. Around 339. Can others confirm. I ahad to use the line up lights on the carrier. Still lots of fun.

I have a few questions .

Also when magic calls out the location of the incoming plane. It gives me a bulls position followed by head south. Is that telling me to head south or is the other plane headed south?

When Wing man departs for the exercise. I’m I supposed to go to waypoint5.? It kinda through me off.

These missions are awesome . First time doing a night aar. The pressure was to much and I ran out of fuel . Hehe.

Edited by Gonzzo

I have a few questions .

Also when magic calls out the location of the incoming plane. It gives me a bulls position followed by head south. Is that telling me to head south or is the other plane headed south?

he is telling you the direction the target is going

One mission 2 the knee board says brc 175. But I was actually around the opposite of that. Around 339. Can others confirm. I ahad to use the line up lights on the carrier. Still lots of fun.

I have a few questions .

When Wing man departs for the exercise. I’m I supposed to go to waypoint5.? It kinda through me off.

These missions are awesome . First time doing a night aar. The pressure was to much and I ran out of fuel . Hehe.

Same here I got confused with WP 5. I believe we are supposed to hang around WP4 and WP5 is actually the bullseye and we are supposed to designate that as a A/A Waypoint. Once you've done that you can find the bogey referencing the AWACS bullseye calls.

Yeah never done a night time refuel either, was pretty cool but pretty dark, Smoke appeared to have a light on his probe but mine didn't (I had nav lights on at that point too), maybe use the NVG's ?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

I have a few questions .

Hey!

Head = heading of the bogey / bandit. What I learned from Jell-O is that “-ing” endings are omitted in AWACS calls for brevity sake.

As for your posit, you should hang around the waypoint where he departs, I think it is shown in one of the diagrams in the briefing. When he turns towards you, you should go to him and lock him up.

The briefing BRC is the “expected” one but it can change - this mission uses dynamic weather and this may be the reason for that.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Seems that if i completely fill my tanks and press space bar my wing man than hooks up and stays hooked up. If i dont fill up and press abort refuel and press space bar for wing man to hook up no issues

I also just had this issue. That's DCS AI for you, I guess :doh:

Also, the tanker seems to make constant left and right turns during refuelling (although at a shallow bank angle) - is this a campaign issue or another DCS AI thing?

Twice in a row I have attempted M2, with my wingman stuck on the tanker both times preventing me from progressing the mission.

I know the tanker is set to a left hand orbit but when on its way back south from WP3 it is in a gentle left hand turn. It then rolls wings level before making almost a shallow correcting turn back to the right, then rolling wings level before another shallow left turn, then right turn, etc. until it makes its way south and then starts to orbit WP2.

I'm having a similar problem. Several times now I've attenpted to refuel and after a few tries I decide to abort my refueling attempt and hope I have enough fuel for the mission. I have tried contacting my wingman and orderijg him to the tanker, I have tried contacting him and ordering him to return to formation. All that happens is he just flies next to the tanker even as I try to fly off to the next waypoint he keeps following the tanker even after it turns away from WP3.

I had assumed that this was not a mission where refueling was necessary, but it sounds as though it must be. I can't skip ahead to mission 3 using the logbook because there are multiple mission 3 files, likely due to the way that the "save" workaround works for that mission.

I guess I'll come back to this campaign in a few months when it's less buggy. Can't really recommend it to anyone in the current state.

Twice in a row I have attempted M2, with my wingman stuck on the tanker both times preventing me from progressing the mission.

I know the tanker is set to a left hand orbit but when on its way back south from WP3 it is in a gentle left hand turn. It then rolls wings level before making almost a shallow correcting turn back to the right, then rolling wings level before another shallow left turn, then right turn, etc. until it makes its way south and then starts to orbit WP2.

One question - if you look at him via F2, is his probe correctly in the basket or is it just next to

it?

EDIT: I think I found a way to fix this, I'll add it to the list of fixes for the upcoming update. Had something to do with Texaco's flight plan, if I make it simpler, then Smoke refuels OK.

Edited by baltic_dragon