VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I fly AV8B and yes, I do use the select command a lot and it may well be the case that things go downhill from that command onward. Have now un-installed and re-Installed numerous times, configured, researched.

I'm done with it for now,

Cheers anyway.

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

I fly AV8B and yes, I do use the select command a lot and it may well be the case that things go downhill from that command onward. Have now un-installed and re-Installed numerous times, configured, researched.

Utterly pulling my hair out and sick of it now.

Very frustrating.

Next time you fly - could you see if this does trigger it? If so, try mapping the aircraft DCS PTT button to another control (or use the key combination) and see if this resets it.

When I make the separate thread later it would be good if you can add your findings to it.

It might also be worth manually tuning the radio and then calling inbound without select.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I just tried and couldn't reproduce it. All seems to work fine for a short time and then all sorts of things go wrong. It's way over my head now and sapping my time, so I've uninstalled the lot.

I'll re-visit at some point as it's great when it works.

Cheers

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

I just tried and couldn't reproduce it. All seems to work fine for a short time and then all sorts of things go wrong. It's way over my head now and sapping my time, so I've uninstalled the lot.

I'll re-visit at some point as it's great when it works.

Cheers

Understood

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

F10 menu in MP

Hello everyone, this one has me completely beaten;

I play a particular MP mission which has an F10 menu structure.

No matter what I do, it seems that if the mission is launched through the 'MULTIPLAYER' option in DCS, the 'import F10' does not work.

However if I launch it as an SP mission through the 'MISSION' option in DCS, the 'import F10' works beautifully and I can natter away with excellent results.

Among other things I have reset lua/keywords, made sure 'Import F10 Menu' and of course 'Use with Multiplayer' is selected, toggled them on/off, restarted etc.

Does anyone with an in-depth knowledge of VAICOMPro have any ideas as to why this might be and what to try next?

Thanks

Tim

Not sure but it could be server config? I believe server Export settings can be disabled on the server end. Could that be the issue?

No I dont think that's the issue, i'm running the miz as MP locally on the same PC as the client, with all mission settings identical

Hi all, I have just started to venture into the world of multiplayer and SRS. Yesterday I spent a good couple of hours if not more trying to get Vaicom and SRS to work at the same time.

Is there an idiot proof way of setting it up to work flawlessly together ? Between Vaicom and SRS there are dozens of options, and I have no idea what should be on or off.

I only fly in VR and I have the TM Warthog HOTAS.

Yesterday the main problem I had was that the A10C Real keybinds were not set for the HOTAS comms hat, as per Vaicom Pro instructions. Once I programmed the comms hat to the HOTAS, SRS worked. Will this ultimately lead to a conflict with Vaicom.

Plus, the comms menu kept appearing and disappearing ever 5 secs or so.

Is there a definitive guide to setting up Vaicom and SRS to work hand in hand.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hello, I am receiving the error: "Command 'perth' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed." with all commands. I had this problem previously and solved it by master resetting the Lua code, but now I reset everything except the License Data, but the error is not fixed. Can someone help me with this?

Hello, I am receiving the error: "Command 'perth' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed." with all commands. I had this problem previously and solved it by master resetting the Lua code, but now I reset everything except the License Data, but the error is not fixed. Can someone help me with this?
Can you post the whole error?

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I have just started to venture into the world of multiplayer and SRS. Yesterday I spent a good couple of hours if not more trying to get Vaicom and SRS to work at the same time.

Is there an idiot proof way of setting it up to work flawlessly together ? Between Vaicom and SRS there are dozens of options, and I have no idea what should be on or off.

I only fly in VR and I have the TM Warthog HOTAS.

Yesterday the main problem I had was that the A10C Real keybinds were not set for the HOTAS comms hat, as per Vaicom Pro instructions. Once I programmed the comms hat to the HOTAS, SRS worked. Will this ultimately lead to a conflict with Vaicom.

Plus, the comms menu kept appearing and disappearing ever 5 secs or so.

Is there a definitive guide to setting up Vaicom and SRS to work hand in hand.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

As you've found out there are many (probably too many) ways to configure SRS & Vaicom and get them to work. I'm sure many use the Vaicom automatic settings to trigger SRS after a command and save yourself using another using another button. I couldn't get it to work to the point where I was confident I wouldn't be screaming Vaicom commands with SRS active and sounding like a complete dork over the airways.

So my personal and I emphasize personal choice, is to set Vaicom up so my radio selections in Vaicom PTTs also tune the SRS frequencies. However my PTT for SRS is standalone and completely separate from Vaicom. That way I know for sure if I'm using SRS or Vaicom

As far as the menus popping up, that always happens after an update. The accepted fix AFAIK is to exit DCS close & restart VA/Vaicom then open DCS again, after that the menus don't pop up

I can post the VA log, but the error is complete. That is the whole line.

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.22.2 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World installation found: version 2.5

Using Registry entry for 2.5

Install path = e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5

Could not find a part of the path 'e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)

Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta

Install path = D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

DCS World version STEAM not found.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Updating aliases..

Done.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

I can post the VA log, but the error is complete. That is the whole line.

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.22.2 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World installation found: version 2.5

Using Registry entry for 2.5

Install path = e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS

Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5

Could not find a part of the path 'e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)

Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta

Install path = D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

DCS World version STEAM not found.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Updating aliases..

Done.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Are you running the OB or the stable version?

Do you still have the stable installed and how are your version sliders set in the Vaicom config?

If the drive doesn't exist it might be worth removing the registry entries to see if that has any effect

Go to windows search and type in regedit followed by return

Once the registry editor is open, search for e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World (this is the error line from your log)

There may be more than one of these entries, but one should be under a key called DCS (or something similar - i do not have access to my pc at the moment). You will then need to delete this.

Also, please could you confirm that your version sliders in the Vaicom config are set to Openbeta and standalone

Hello,

I have a couple of problems with VAICOM PRO on the F14

1. Every time there's a chatter going on (for instance overlord) the VAICOM PRO sends a command to my Flight, for instance 'attack target', even if no ptt button is pressed, and sometime the comunication menu pops up.

2. Most of the time radio commands are not working and I have to call 'options' and then take 1 etc. etc.

I'm using 'Easy com off', can anybody help me?

Hi, After the newest patch Vaicom is not working in game. well it sort of works I hear the command gets accepted in Voice Attack just not ingame..

I have the airio in the folder as that was the issue last time.. Not sure what else to do I tried all the suggestions from last time I had this issue..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hello,

I have a couple of problems with VAICOM PRO on the F14

1. Every time there's a chatter going on (for instance overlord) the VAICOM PRO sends a command to my Flight, for instance 'attack target', even if no ptt button is pressed, and sometime the comunication menu pops up.

2. Most of the time radio commands are not working and I have to call 'options' and then take 1 etc. etc.

I'm using 'Easy com off', can anybody help me?

Don't take this the wrong way. But maybe a new thread would be good?

6000+ posts here now.

I've read through your post:

1. Do you have chatter output to speakers. Do you have an Nvidia card with that voice clarity thingy turned on?

2. Sorry, I'm not sure. Whish I could help.

Cheers!

Hi, After the newest patch Vaicom is not working in game. well it sort of works I hear the command gets accepted in Voice Attack just not ingame..

I have the airio in the folder as that was the issue last time.. Not sure what else to do I tried all the suggestions from last time I had this issue..

Is the module recognised in the control panel.

If no. Did you do the needed repair? (After every update).

Cheers!

Yes I stated Vaicomm works in Voice attack just not ingame..I mean it still accepts the command ingame just that the command does not get triggered.. this is a mere hours old Fresh install of Win 10

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2