Mission 7 Target Area - F15 not dropping Flares

Comes

Hi all!

I have a problem with Mission 7. I tried it multiple Times and it's always the same.

It all seems to work out fine, Triggers etc. are happening.

After I get the Message to tell Banshe to light up the Target area, I press Space, Chevy confirms, but they don't do anything. They just continue circling.

Did anyone have similar problems or a solution?

I am flying the current Release Version of DCS.

Other than that, this campaign is just awesome. This one and the Caucasus M2000 Campaign are probably the most fun I've had with DCS.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem on this mission: After reaching waypoint 2 and ordering other Vulture flights to break formation and rejoin stations, the Banshee 3 "2nd element" 2 ship flight (the one responsible for dropping flares) goes all the way back to Nellis and then comes back in the AO (if you wait long enough) to finally drop flares right at the end of vul time when you are asked to RTB ;-).

I looked at the F10 map view with "Show all routes" option enabled and after takeoff, they turn to directly join up with the rest of the package and thus skip their first waypoint (located just ahead of the runway). Therefore, when breaking formation, they seem to consider it as their next waypoint and return to it.

My guess is that they do not fly "close enough" to it after takeoff so that the game doesn't consider it as reached (it's not removed from the route in the F10 view contrary to that of the first Banshee 3 flight).

I first thought that I was flying too fast after takeoff but I tried several times while strictly maintaining 250 kts IAS but it did not work.

I also noticed that the 2 other Chevy flights do not have such first waypoints just ahead of the runway so maybe removing them for Banshee is the solution ?

Best,

Tom62

PS: I use DCS Stable 2.5.5.41371

PPS: Awsome campaign by the way, the best one I've done in DCS so far !

Edited by Tom62