TM Joystick Stiction cured in one minute

This worked so well, I had to share.

In My case no disassembly was required.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

huh, a paint brush. How about that.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The visible top surface of the ball, directly under the locknut of the joystick is not load bearing, nor is it a friction surface and does not require lubrication.

Check out a disassembly video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOOoPdmRl8

So I am somewhat skeptical that this method fixed your problem (i.e brush + top application of grease = fixed). Maybe shoving the brush in there dislodged some built up grime. Maybe shoving hard on the stick, opening up clearances inside, and moving surfaces against each other allowed more grime to dislodge.

But shoving grease into the top does not lubricate the the actual pivot points of the stick.

Like I said, check out the disassembly video. The top of the ball joint you can see on an assembled stick has a lip all the way round, stopping the brush and the grease getting into the mechanism underneath.

First thought - great tip!

Second thought - I didn't know Bob Ross was playing DCS :megalol:

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

This might not actually be horrible...when I took mine apart I noticed a lot of friction coming from where the plastic ball meets the part that sits on top of the big spring and thoroughly lubed that area up.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

hahahahaha nice very nice man thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog