Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

GET SOME!!!

wtfudx.jpg

Now this photo brings back memories! I remember this photo as a kid, over 30 years ago. It was used in an RAF Recruitment brochure. Firing SNEB rockets if I remember correctly. How I love those old (and new) Harriers. Can't believe we've (the UK) have got rid of them.

Thank you for sharing and taking me down memory lane.

Regards,

Milli

• Like 1

Emergency landing in Canada during a snowstorm due to someone having a heart attack on board.

zqfsmT_3Svc&feature=youtu.be

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

First S-300PMU-1 launch from Greece in Crete's NATO shooting field!

One month ago i was there too with our Ultima drones and mistral missiles.

Edited by Ross

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

From the archives: Nostalgic Finnish Saab Draken and MiG-21bis action. I would kill for DCS: Draken! ;)

Noticed that the pilots had scarfs! Do the Finnish AF name their squadrons based on colour still? Sweden have almost quit doing so, except from more of traditionional meanings.

Red = 1. div

Blue = 2. div

Yellow = 3. div

Also, do you know where the Finnish AF Draken were based? :)

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

I didn't hear of any colors during my service and internship. They are numbered and named according to their location. They use fully NATO compatible English in their communications with western call signs and everything.

At the time of their retirement they were based in Rovaniemi (Lapland) and Pirkkala (Southern Finland). The third, most easternmost, fighter base is located in Kuopio and operated the MiG-21bis.

The bases did relocate during the service of Draken though.

I really want to go to Sweden to see the Draken flying! You are lucky to have your historic jets still flying. :)

Edited by Griffin

Almost all the SAM systems of DCS World have made a shot in that field!

http://www.namfi.gr/site/en/multimedia/photo-gallery.html

Thanks for the info..

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

I didn't hear of any colors during my service and internship. They are numbered and named according to their location. They use fully NATO compatible English in their communications with western call signs and everything.

At the time of their retirement they were based in Rovaniemi (Lapland) and Pirkkala (Southern Finland). The third, most easternmost, fighter base is located in Kuopio and operated the MiG-21bis.

The bases did relocate during the service of Draken though.

I really want to go to Sweden to see the Draken flying! You are lucky to have your historic jets still flying. :)

Hmm there must be some colour codes, since a red scarf mean the pilot belongs to the first squadron at the wing. Or possibly it´s just something they brought with them back to Finland as a memory of what squadron they were at in Sweden when learning to fly the Draken. I have always thought Sweden was the only one having squadron scarfs, so I was a bit surprised to see them on Finnish pilots! :)

You should definitely visit a larger airshow in Sweden sometime - since the historic birds are well represented! The Historic Flight Association (SwAFHF) operate every major SAAB-bird since the second World war (plus a few extra prop), and rumors speculate in another (second) flying Viggen! :)

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Oh well I guess there used to be some color codes but I haven't heard of them in modern times. That was filmed before I was born. :)

The first pilots sure did bring something else too from there. ;)

482410_10151472303349206_1408268731_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151472303349206&set=o.33519393793&type=1&relevant_count=1

Now that I visited the Facebook page again, there's some interesting stuff.

Edited by Griffin