Typing data directly in MFC

rokomah

The very reason why I purchased a touchscreen monitor, so I could export instruments and enter data :"}

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I always enter data in A-10C via CDU but I've seen on YouTube that it's possible to type directly in MFC scratchpad. How can I do this?

Like this:

You still use the CDU keyboard, it’s the CDU repeater not a separate system. You can use either the CDU keyboard or the UFC to enter data in the scratchpad fir any display format.

Many of us in the 476th just map the CDU keys directly to the keyboard without modifiers.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 3 weeks later...

There's only one scratchpad. The MFCD, HUD, CDU are all connected. When you type an "A" it shows up in all of them. Your possible methods of scratchpad input are the CDU keyboard or the UFC panel.

Personally I have A-Z, 0-9, Enter, Backspace all bound directly to keyboard keys. This makes typing out a DL message or similar quite fast.

• 1 month later...

Thanx to all for your answers.

Question about CDU entry mapped directly to the keyboard.

Which keys did you take? Many keys are already busy by default.

Do you have some sort of list for mapped directly to the keyboard?

Thanx to all for your answers.

Question about CDU entry mapped directly to the keyboard.

Which keys did you take? Many keys are already busy by default.

Do you have some sort of list for mapped directly to the keyboard?

I'm using the keyboard for cdu controls too. It helps immensely. Although you need a hotas, something like a tm warthog so you wont need the keyboard to control the aircraft . I've attached my current cdu controls if you wanna take a look at them.

Edit: If you are going to check them inside the game, dont forget to save your current keyboard profile before loading mine.

a10 cdu.diff.lua

Edited by kylekatarn720

I have a trick for this on my x52 pro. I use the bands on the small throttle slider to map LCtrl+Lwin to it. I set slider all the way down to not press that key combo. Middle 90% is deadspace. Top of the slider makes it hold down LCTRL+LWIN so I can use the keyboard to type. Once I finish my keyboard entry I just slide it back down to the bottom and everything goes back to normal. It works like a champ. Please send me a PM if that didn't make sense and I will try and explain it a little better.

Buy a blue tooth "9 key" pad and strap it to your leg like a knee board. then you can just quickly type in the numbers for coordinates in 2 seconds (also have the UI mouse left/right keys mapped to it for my Oculus) so I just look at the UFC buttons and click them without moving my hands from one of the HOTAS peripherals. Pretty handy. Can't wait to fly again, hoping they fix it soon!

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria