Gazelle campagne in 2.5

borchi_2b

Hi guys,

ths is a rather short message, cause I just stumbled over something in a different topic.

As soon DCS 2.5 will hit the market the SA342M Gazelle campaign will not be working.

We have talked to the person who made the campaign and who has the script for all the missions.

The campaign will be working at some time again, if notthing huge cripples it, but this will take a while. How long, that depends on how long the process of redoing the complete campaign takes in total. 2.5 will be new to our campaign creator like for you guys so he will need some time to see what has changed.

Fact is, the campaign was never made for 2.5 and will be exclusiv for 1.5 for a few weeks or even months.

We are sorry for that inconvienence but we also appreciate all the comprehension that we are sure our customers will be able to have.

For future modules campaigns will be handelled different.

Your Polychop Simulation Team

Edited by borchi_2b

Hi guys,

ths is a rather short message, cause I just stumbled over something in a different topic.

As soon DCS 2.5 will hit the market the SA342M Gazelle campaign will not be working.

We have talked to the person who made the campaign and who has the script for all the missions.

The campaign will be working at some time again, if notthing huge cripples it, but this will take a while. How long, that depends on how long the process of redoing the complete campaign takes in total. 2.5 will be new to our campaign creator like for you guys so he will need some time to see what has changed.

Fact is, the campaign was never made for 2.5 and will be exclusiv for 1.5 for a few weeks or even months.

We are sorry for that inconvienence but we also appreciate all the comprehension that we are sure our customers will be able to have.

For future modules campaigns will be handelled different.

Your Polychop Simulation Team

I just wanted to say thanks P-chop for being upfront about this. For some reason the latest 1.5 beta client, first mission has gone back to the Chinook spooling down on my machine. Unsure if the 1.5 stable release is the same, I should probably install the non beta version seeing as it seems to be the final release for DCS 1.5. Even if I forego switching client installs, it's easy enough to fix thanks to dimitrov, and hopefully his fixed missions are still available for download. It's also not a big deal seeing as the merge to 2.5 is getting nearer.

I have to say, Operation Dixmude is one of my favorite campaigns that come with any of the modules. It's highly immersive and I can't wait to experience it on the 2.5 terrain. That being said, "I can't wait" isn't impatience or asking you to rush.. just a show of excitement for things to come.

I'm hopeful that the move to 2.5 for all future updates makes this easier to manage for you but I will admit ignorance on everything involved with that.

Anyways.. I just felt like you guys deserved some appreciation for the communication and displaying your commitment to the campaign.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

For some reason the latest 1.5 beta client, first mission has gone back to the Chinook spooling down on my machine.

I believe this has nothing to do with the old mission bug. Installing 1.5.8 all AI helicopters in the Huey 'UN Pilot' campaign did this on off-FARP landings, reverted back to 1.5.7 where they continue after landings.

Last post in the first link below BIGNEWY state it has been corrected, but I did not dare to install that version until I'm done with the campaign, so I can't verify his statement.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198250

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198294

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I'm not lying

:)

Sorry, maybe I formulated myself badly, shouldn't have expressed it as if I didn't dare to verify your statement (I do trust you), but more like I don't want to go through the hassle again until I'm done with the campaign (on last mission now). Will try it out first thing afterwards.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• ED Team

don't worry, I was just being mischievous

if you have any issues PM me :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DISREGARD THIS!

I believe this has nothing to do with the old mission bug. Installing 1.5.8 all AI helicopters in the Huey 'UN Pilot' campaign did this on off-FARP landings, reverted back to 1.5.7 where they continue after landings.

Last post in the first link below BIGNEWY state it has been corrected, but I did not dare to install that version until I'm done with the campaign, so I can't verify his statement.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198250

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198294

I have now verified it has indeed been fixed earlier as BIGNEWY said and therefore is not the same issue as Headswap's.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hehe I uninstalled the beta client and installed the 1.5.8 stable. Have not gotten around to checking the campaign yet, as my mates and I have been messing around on buddyspike blueflag and having too much fun.

I will see if my original statement holds true.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Hehe I uninstalled the beta client and installed the 1.5.8 stable. Have not gotten around to checking the campaign yet, as my mates and I have been messing around on buddyspike blueflag and having too much fun.

I will see if my original statement holds true.

I believe stable and beta has been the same for a while now, 1.5.8.12823.414.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I think I have fixed this bug 3 or 4 times since initial release ^^ Each time they modify it again...

My reasoning for restarting the campaign is generally because if I run into a problem with my PC I can't fix fairly quickly I just wipe it and reinstall windows fresh with the latest drivers, but -

yeah I don't know what gives. Prior to my post the last time I flew the mission the helo landed slightly off the FARP and the mission ran fine, but now he's just landing on the FARP again and it shuts down.

I personally don't know if ED's doing something between updates or somehow old mission files are being distributed, but I do hope it gets easier for you when 1.5 is deemed final release, and in the future with 2.5.

Glad you're bringing it along to the new client.. but don't feel too pressured 2.5 brings a lot to keep us busy and I can at least move the nook off the FARP myself if I feel like flying the campaign over the next 5 days :)

Spoiler

The sad part with the 2.5 really is that it renders missions from past unusable almost certainty, so official mission creators needs to rework all.

But the good thing is, we all should get something far better.... Hopefully the AI gets far more clever automatic functions as well like automatic cover seeking and automatic troop mount/unmount when under attack etc.

So mission designers work can be made easier and more creative.

So, Gazelle goes to virtual hangar until campaign gets implemented to 2.5 :)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The sad part with the 2.5 really is that it renders missions from past unusable almost certainty, so official mission creators needs to rework all.

But the good thing is, we all should get something far better.... Hopefully the AI gets far more clever automatic functions as well like automatic cover seeking and automatic troop mount/unmount when under attack etc.

So mission designers work can be made easier and more creative.

So, Gazelle goes to virtual hangar until campaign gets implemented to 2.5 :)

If ED doesn't get to it, know that there is someone who is working on ground AI.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Looking at how much work it took to update the A-10 campaign for 2.5 I assume it will take some time, as helo campaigns are much more demanding when it comes to unit placement etc... but then again, it will look awesome! I will finally give it a whirl (provided it works beter in VR than in 1.5 where I had some performance issues). Fingers crossed there won’t be too many changes dimitrov!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

This excellent campaign will be the mutts nuts on the 2.5 map

Agreed, I am looking forward to playing it through again in 2.5, I think it will be the 4th time. Really looking forward to seeing how the new trees effect the game play.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Well, at least not *entirely* transparent, still having a hard time against the super-AI being able to spot just the tip of your rotor blades through upper 50% of the tree foliage 180' behind them with their magical powers. :ranting: Engaging from behind trees seems about as useless as usual.

Was really hoping that collidable trees and beautiful low-level scenery would make for a good rotorhead comeback, but maybe not... Wish ED would have more leniency with the detection system.

I start to give the campaign a look tomorrow. ;)

From some people who already have the 2.5 it seems that it is not as much broken as planned, which is a good new for both all of you and me ^^

BTW : Thank you a lot for all your good feedbacks on this work on 1.5, it is very much appreciated, I hope that 2.5 will be even better.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov