Would it be possible after 2.5?

Lao Fei Mao

Hi, ED, I recently did a thing which made me feel kind of regret. I bought the Nevada and Normandy map from the ED Shop directly, but never thought the download speed is so slow, basically around 100KB/S, really a night and day difference if comparing with steam's speed. So I want to reverse to steam, and I know the keys are incompatible, the only way is to buy another keys on steam, wasting my money.

So, I'd like to ask if it's possible to abondoned the restriction after 2.5 release?So that I can activate them on steam. We miss the old days.

Have you tried going from torrent downloads to direct http download? It's an option in the updater program. That should, under certain circumstances, be as quick as steam.

In the future, DCS is going from the current DRM scheme to an online scheme where you log into DCS and your purchases are coupled to that login. A bit like the current Il-2 works. This is a major improvement in user friendliness and should dissipate the difference between standalone and steam-based installations.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL