Persian Gulf ground assets?

i hope we get to see some insurgent type units:

- insurgent fighters with ak47 and RPGs

- snipers

- technicals with various heavy machine guns

- field-modified humvees etc.

- mortar teams

^This... and civilians, on foot, more civilian cars especially "unarmed" Pick-ups etc. so Mission Designers get the possibility to create scenarios were ROEs really matter.:thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

i hope we get to see some insurgent type units:

- insurgent fighters with ak47 and RPGs

- snipers

- technicals with various heavy machine guns

- field-modified humvees etc.

- mortar teams

^This... and civilians, on foot, more civilian cars especially "unarmed" Pick-ups etc. so Mission Designers get the possibility to create scenarios were ROEs really matter.:thumbup:

Where in the Strait of Hormuz would any of this come into play?

Don't say "Iran invades Dubai." :megalol:

Ranger79 Objects Mod Pack has already almost everything you mention, except the Snipers.

Take a look at this mod.

Also DCS has Insurgents with AK fine modelled.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Forget ground units - if war breaks out in the Strait of Hormuz, it's going to primarily be an air-sea war, save for land-based anti-ship and ballistic missiles and air defenses.

What I want to see is more commercial air and sea traffic to simulate the crowded nature of the region's airspace and waters. That's where the ROEs are really going to matter and they matter every day in the real world.

Save the insurgent/terrorist-hunting for the Caucasus or a potential Syria map.

Ranger79 Objects Mod Pack has already almost everything you mention, except the Snipers.

Take a look at this mod.

Also DCS has Insurgents with AK fine modelled.

We do not talk about mods.

I fixed the technicals from Rangers Mod to a more reasonable version with corrected speed, armor, turn radius, acceleration and with proper Dshk (not just reshaped Humvees) and added some simple "insurgents" (just retextured Paratroopers so they don't look like wearing all the same uniform)...

But we need this in DCS core. Independent of the map and everybody installing "mods" or having issues passing integrity checks.

And most definitely a third neutral coalition and civilians to model asymmetric conflicts with their complex ROEs.

That is what mostly shapes today's conflicts.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The best option is adding those units to the core game, of course, but is a good resource.
Yes, definitely. No offense meant. Just that I would see a set of typical insurgents and technicals in the core sim... The Hescos and other barriers would be fantastic as well. :)

Shagrat

• 2 months later...

Here are a couple of units which I think would be relevant for air-naval operations in this theater:

-CSS-C-3 Seersucker shore launched anti-ship missile (Iran)

-Hwasong-5 Scud-B SSM (Iran and UAE)

-Rapier short-range SAM (Iran and UAE)

-RBS-70 short-range SAM (Iran and UAE)

-Bofors L/70 40mm AAA (Iran and UAE)

The structures are every bit as important.

Being able to place buildings of various shapes and kinds is just as huge in mission design as the enemy targets & personnel.

Right now all we have is the caucasus looking stuff which is great on that map, but out of place anywhere else.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

The structures are every bit as important.

Being able to place buildings of various shapes and kinds is just as huge in mission design as the enemy targets & personnel.

Right now all we have is the caucasus looking stuff which is great on that map, but out of place anywhere else.

There are actually some very nice shacks, huts and other from stone, that look pretty convincing as arab style buildings...

Only the textures are totally outdated and low.

Though I wouldn't mind some detailed middle east / afghan compounds, and definitely HESCOs, prefab accommodation etc. for better FOBs or outposts.

Shagrat

We do have hescos and some of the other stuff via mods.

Even the default map buildings would be cool to have as positionable objects. Most of what I use NTTR for is pretending it's afghanistan.

Mods don't work well in Multiplayer and Mission building.

You can use the default map buildings with a script, but it would be nice to have all these buildings, hescos, prefabs, civilians, civilan cars/PickUps and Insurgent Technicals directly integrated as DCS assets.

I tried to include some stuff from mods into a particular Multiplayer mission a while ago.

It is very inconvenient. As soon as somebody "new" joins, he needs to have all the mods installed...

Shagrat

Do you mean something like this? :D

middle_east2.jpg?dl=1

middle_east.jpg?dl=1

Of course we need a insurgent compound to locate.......

and, yes, there are camels.........:D

Insurgent%20Camp.jpg?dl=1

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Wholly shet that's a first class ticket to awesometown!

Are those available?

All in good time my friend, all in good time........

I need to visit Egypt first...........:D

Egypt.jpg?dl=1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

In addition to ground assets, we need some Supertankers traversing the Strait...

They really stood out when we heading up to Afghanistan from Al Dhafra AB...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

In addition to ground assets, we need some Supertankers traversing the Strait..
Ask, and you shall receive!

We will start with cargo carriers

Others to follow.

tanker.jpg?dl=1

I probability should not post this but........What the heck, You can't fire me......:D

Preview of the Middle East Historic sites mod.

Part of our "Middle East Tour Package" :megalol:

We offer low rates!..........

and Easy terms! :lol:

Persepolis!

historicp.jpg?dl=1