1010 members have voted

1. 1. Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger

• Yes, absolutely: i want it!
    • No, i'm wait for next Leatherneck's projects annoucements

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too soon. Let's see how the 21 comes out first.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd like to see the MiG-23MLD Flogger K, MiG-23M Flogger B and MiG-23BN Flogger H.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I'd buy it for the cool go really really fast factor but otherwise meh.

Me too, though I'd buy anything rhat would actually come up for sale at this point. Push a Kittyhawk Flyer out there and I'll bite.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

It would be nice to see these old Russian birds get the high fidelity treatment.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Perhaps instead of a another MiG they should make the worlds leading distributor of MiG parts. Otherwise known as the F-4 Phantom II.

:music_whistling:

well, we are getting the world's leading distributor of F-4 Phantom II parts - Mig-21 :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Mig-21 - 37

F-4 - 66

... Maybe the MiG-21 shot down more phantoms than other MiGs, I don't know ... but the Phantom shot down nearly twice as many MiG-21's as MiG-21's shot down phantoms, so really, greatest distributor of parts goes to the Phantom, not to the MiG.

That assumes of course that such figures are correct - and these are just for Vietnam :)

well, we are getting the world's leading distributor of F-4 Phantom II parts - Mig-21 :music_whistling:

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

considering better situation awareness by superior and overall numerical superior and qualitative and training wise USAF in vietnam i think we can easily confirm that F-4 is by far no destructor of Migs.. if anything Mig-21 IS destructor of f-4 considering the price factor and the fact migs fought in numerically inferior battles.. i would say 37 versus 66 is a good indicator just how good mig21 is..

considering better situation awareness by superior and overall numerical superior and qualitative and training wise USAF in vietnam i think we can easily confirm that F-4 is by far no destructor of Migs.. if anything Mig-21 IS destructor of f-4 considering the price factor and the fact migs fought in numerically inferior battles.. i would say 37 versus 66 is a good indicator just how good mig21 is..

From what I've read, the Vietnam conflict would not be a good indicator of the MiG's performance as most of the MiG-21 victories seem to have been attacks from behind against unsuspecting enemies - they would be guided by GCI to positions behind large USAF bombing formations which they would approach from behind, fire the missiles and extend away.

IIRC, whenever the MiG-21 and Phantom pilots got engaged into a turning battle, the MiGs almost always lost (especially against better trained Navy pilots) due to the factors like poorly trained pilots, bad cockpit visibility and limited speed and poor acceleration at lower altitudes. There's some analysis here: http://area51specialprojects.com/migs_area51.html

At least this is the impression I got from reading the 'Clashes: Air Combat over North Vietnam' book (which makes for a very interesting read, IMHO), though this was from the Operation Rolling Thunder half mostly as I haven't finished the Linebacker campaigns part, but I suspect that the USAF inflexible approach didn't change much and thus neither did the Vietnamese have had to modify their tactics.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!