DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this I had to come here. I just watched a video a few days ago about the heat rendering, great to see display rendering improvements.

Just to make sure I'm not making wrong assumptions I'm wondering:

1. Proper FLIR Rendering - That means maverick/other IR rendering on all the other aircraft displays would also be improved? Not just FLIR but also IR along the way?

2. Air-to-Ground Radar - Does that means the altitude radars of all other aircraft would also benefit? which may also help GCAS systems?

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Sorry to bother but can anyone give me some information on what these lines mean in the patch log? Just curious to know is there a ban list, what format does it take, where does it go on the server ?

• MP. Banned user will get message about his ban and reason.

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Sorry to bother but can anyone give me some information on what these lines mean in the patch log? Just curious to know is there a ban list, what format does it take, where does it go on the server ?

• MP. Banned user will get message about his ban and reason.
  • MP. Fixed the client's serverlist update when shutting down the server

I asked the same 2 pages ago, there was no official reply...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Sounds to me like when a server admin bans you there is a message that pops up giving you the reason instead of just being booted back to the MP menu. Lots of other MP games have a feature like this.

Not an official response obviously, but that's how it should work imo.

Yeah I get that part (banning has been about since the birth of online games)but the unanswered questions are:

How does an admin ban you?

What command is used on the server to ban a player?

How is the list of banned client stored? file somewhere?

If so what is it called?

Is it possible to un-ban?

More important: Will a server admin be FORCED to enter a ban reason with a minimum amount of characters, and maybe even, does ED have to "approve" of bans with ban reasons for any server, and if ED doesn't approve, a server admin will not be able to ban that specific player? :P (that would counter server admins from entering "12345 abcd" as ban reason....)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

More important: Will a server admin be FORCED to enter a ban reason with a minimum amount of characters, and maybe even, does ED have to "approve" of bans with ban reasons for any server, and if ED doesn't approve, a server admin will not be able to ban that specific player? :P (that would counter server admins from entering "12345 abcd" as ban reason....)

I doubt server admins will be forced to do anything. It is their hardware that is hosting, so it's up to their discretion to remove/ban anyone they want for any reason. There is no way ED (legally or ethically) can force a server to accept someone they don't want to give access to.

I doubt server admins will be forced to do anything. It is their hardware that is hosting, so it's up to their discretion to remove/ban anyone they want for any reason. There is no way ED (legally or ethically) can force a server to accept someone they don't want to give access to.

Everyone their own opinion. :P Still to ban a person without letting that person even know a reason is super weird (yes, there are weird DCS server admins out there)

Yeah I get that part (banning has been about since the birth of online games)but the unanswered questions are:

How does an admin ban you?

What command is used on the server to ban a player?

How is the list of banned client stored? file somewhere?

If so what is it called?

Is it possible to un-ban?

I have adminned several gaming servers so I'll try and answer in a general sense.

An admin has a list of key commands that they must use, plus the the action (ban) and name of the person they are banning.When an admin bans you, they have the option of typing in a reason for the ban, or they can select a reason from a pre typed list set by the person running the server or whatever. Each admin signs into the server with admin privileges to do this. You cannot just type in the command and voila, someone is banned. You have to have admin privileges that are given (usually) through the owner of the server. The commands are different from server to server, game to game. So what would the command for any given DCS server be? You would have to ask a DCS server admin. It wouldn't do you any good without admin privileges so it's not relevant really.

The ban list is recorded according to what the admin typed in. You can ban for just a few minutes or permaban someone. The server records your ID and when you try to log on, it obeys the parameters set by the admin for your ID. It's all stored in the server so far as I know. Not on anyone's computer as a file. And the only people who have access to the information are admin with the privileges.

You cannot un-ban yourself. Only an admin may un-ban you. Usually you have to go to the forum section of the web site of the clan or group that banned you, explain why you were an ass, and ask nicely for a second chance.

DCS servers are much like all other gaming servers and they work pretty much the same. It's a simple generic system.

I have adminned several gaming servers so I'll try and answer in a general sense.

An admin has a list of key commands that they must use, plus the the action (ban) and name of the person they are banning.When an admin bans you, they have the option of typing in a reason for the ban, or they can select a reason from a pre typed list set by the person running the server or whatever. Each admin signs into the server with admin privileges to do this. You cannot just type in the command and voila, someone is banned. You have to have admin privileges that are given (usually) through the owner of the server. The commands are different from server to server, game to game. So what would the command for any given DCS server be? You would have to ask a DCS server admin. It wouldn't do you any good without admin privileges so it's not relevant really.

The ban list is recorded according to what the admin typed in. You can ban for just a few minutes or permaban someone. The server records your ID and when you try to log on, it obeys the parameters set by the admin for your ID. It's all stored in the server so far as I know. Not on anyone's computer as a file. And the only people who have access to the information are admin with the privileges.

You cannot un-ban yourself. Only an admin may un-ban you. Usually you have to go to the forum section of the web site of the clan or group that banned you, explain why you were an ass, and ask nicely for a second chance.

DCS servers are much like all other gaming servers and they work pretty much the same. It's a simple generic system.

TLDR;

You pretty much do not know the answers to the specific questions I asked, as in how DCS implement these features ?

Or what exact command to use to perform this when you are a server admin?

Thanks for trying but I was asking this about DCS World, not other games (which we are not allowed to discuss here)

Edited by HC_Official

TLDR;

You pretty much do not know the answers to the specific questions I asked, as in how DCS implement these features ?

Or what exact command to use to perform this when you are a server admin?

Thanks for trying but I was asking this about DCS World, not other games (which we are not allowed to discuss here)

You did not understand the answer. There are many different servers for DCS that are owned by many different people. Get it?

I wrote that it was a general answer and that you would have to talk to a server owner about what they specifically use.

DCS in and of itself doesn't run most of the servers so they have their own command sets. You will be hard pressed to get what you are looking for unless you personally know someone who owns or runs a server.

I did understand your answer, I too have been running gaming servers for a long time now

(about 18 years or more), I know how other games utilise these features

...... but I am asking how the new DCS patch works specifically in DCS

These questions relate to a new feature created in DCS by the people who wrote DCS (Eagle Dynamics)

I am asking about how these new features work by asking about it in the Eagle Dynamics forums,

in a thread that deals with the patch notes, where is was mentioned.

Doing this in the hope that someone from ED can answer this

.... they wrote the software with this new feature in it

So maybe someone from ED knows that answer

Thanks for your help

Edited by HC_Official

Ehrm....with latest release version update notes, it says added 'Single Missions' for the Mig-29 and updated 'Su-33 Heavy Sky' campaign. I can't see a Mig-29 tab in the Single Missions sections, and the Heavy Sky campaign for the Su-33 still has a modified date from 31.01.2018. I have the standalone versions of both modules.

Is this a problem with standalone vs FC3, can someone owning the FC3 versions confirm both changes have made with the lates release version patch?

as i said in the first sentice of my post, i run the release version, not open beta. Could you be so kind and check the 'change date' of the Su-33 Heavy Sky campaign in your DCS installation folder .../mods/aircraft....etc.

And as i said, i have the standalone modules, and i see a tab for the Mig-29 under instant action, but not under Single Missions. You seem to have the FC3 package, so you got instant action as well as single missions for the Mig-29?

Are we getting an update today ? I'm super excited for the new warbirds cockpits :D or is it coming next week?

The Update will be today, but only on the Open Beta version ... the Stable version should be next week.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB