F15 radar bug?

BattleAxes Skinner

Hey there,

Been noticing that using jammers when flying a Su-27 / J-11 are of no consequence when going up against an F15 - since it can still see my aspect, height and also TWS me (on burn-through).

Shouldn't a pulse doppler radar switch to STT when there is a jammer on irrespective if there is burn-through or not? This is exactly how it is in the Su-27 & J-11

Is this a bug in the F15's radar that needs immediate attention and correction? The F15 drivers I have spoken to think so! ED?

|| नभ स्पर्शं दीप्तम् || - Touch the sky with glory

• 2 weeks later...

The APG-63 will happily track a jamming target in TWS, something that isn't implemented correctly in the sim.

In the sim, once the radar burns through your jamming, your jammer is completely ineffective against that radar so there's no reason for the radar to switch to STT.

There's no bug at all, let alone one that requires 'immediate attention and correction'.

Hey there,

Been noticing that using jammers when flying a Su-27 / J-11 are of no consequence when going up against an F15 - since it can still see my aspect, height and also TWS me (on burn-through).

Shouldn't a pulse doppler radar switch to STT when there is a jammer on irrespective if there is burn-through or not? This is exactly how it is in the Su-27 & J-11

Is this a bug in the F15's radar that needs immediate attention and correction? The F15 drivers I have spoken to think so! ED?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda