DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

Х-23 similar AGM-12 Bullpup

I know. I am talking about the pod use for? Anyway I am thinking the Mig-23 radar have not such a fix work mode to do that guidance. That’s why the need for that pod. By the way Also useful for the bomber variants.

I hope we can make such guidance from a second air unit as well.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I asked seriously

The Mig-23 project is on his way, not launch date at this moment.

Meanwhile the main developer owner news for Redfor for this week. The Fighter Collection group approved a “great” improvement for Redfor to face JADAMs over power: a T-72...:lol:

Here the last addition announcement for Redfor: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-09-06_ASSETS/

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

when can we expect the release of mig-23?

All we know is, that Razbam will finish the Harrier, Mirage and Farmer, before continuing work on the Flogger. They are making good progress though, so maybe Flogger work will continue early next year, and we will know a lot more then?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Incorrect. There's a different team on it making good progress. Join the Discord if you really want to know.

All we know is, that Razbam will finish the Harrier, Mirage and Farmer, before continuing work on the Flogger. They are making good progress though, so maybe Flogger work will continue early next year, and we will know a lot more then?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Incorrect. There's a different team on it making good progress. Join the Discord if you really want to know.

You mean like "the different team" we were told lies before?

Starting from post Nr.13 in this thread if you need a refreshment...

The "different team" thing from Razbam starts to sound like the cake in Portal...

I still have no clue why Razbam feels not good enough to share their informations here. I'm not intrested to pick up my informations on Discord as this here is the official forum.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Well, guess this didnt last long then:

Starting at 4m15s

- "Razbam are not gonna release anymore modules until the Harrier, Mirage and MiG are complete. And I mean complete."

- "All the resources have been dedicated to updating the Harrier to its finished state."

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I still have no clue why Razbam feels not good enough to share their informations here. I'm not intrested to pick up my informations on Discord as this here is the official forum.

Sounds like a you problem.

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Sounds like a you problem.

Not really. This is the official forum, it would nice not to have to hunt down info from 3 other sources. I personally think the AOL format of discord is terrible for anything other than mostly meaningless "chat". I don't think I'm alone in that assessment either. But hey its their deal.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

They have Mig-23 module on hold until finish the rest?

Thats the rumor.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm not so sure about that. "Not going to release new modules until the current ones are completed" is not the same as "not working on new modules until the current ones are completed". If it was the second one they would have stated so.

I think most likely they just shifted some (large? small? hard to tell) amount of resources from development of new modules to finishing released ones.

I'm not so sure about that. "Not going to release new modules until the current ones are completed" is not the same as "not working on new modules until the current ones are completed". If it was the second one they would have stated so.

I think most likely they just shifted some (large? small? hard to tell) amount of resources from development of new modules to finishing released ones.

Yeah this is probably more accurate. At a guess the 3D guys are working on the 23 and 15 and the falklands. Maybe some coders are working on the 23 as well (FM most likely).

• 4 weeks later...
I'd be glad if we had an analog of walkman in f-14. Something like RD-651AV bought from a market in Afghanistan, for example.

I have a 1979 produced sony walkman legally bought in SU in 1979 in a shop. Not to mention there was a shitload of domestic casette players and radios. Dunno why, but all kinds of portable sound sources were extremely popular and mass produced in Soviet Union. Not to mention mass obsession with DIY electronics.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

• 4 weeks later...

Read a very interesting article from Alexander Mladenov in Air Forces Monthly, October 2003. Emphasizes the differences between MS and MLA VS MLD (specially regarding the VVS variant). Made a great, clarificating read, would have been a great addition to our stable, bit sad seeing the less capable, older MLA.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Made a great, clarificating read, would have been a great addition to our stable, bit sad seeing the less capable, older MLA.

I'm glad having MLA variant. I'm looking at MLA in this way:

MLA in it's time was the most capable top tier Soviet tactical fighter.

MLD in it's time was just an old, far less capable substitute for far more modern MiG-29s and Su-27s.

MLD in it's time was just an old, far less capable substitute for far more modern MiG-29s and Su-27s.

Good for you!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

The only advantage of MiG-29 over MiG-23MLD in BVR is a little lesser workload. Engagement distance is same. And you have the same SPO-15.

As for MLA, its mostly R-23 or R-24 loaded making a difference between barely keeping up with Phantoms and Starfighter-G's to trying to attack a sparrow-armed F-15 head-on.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder