Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

You know that everyone who votes no has their name noted down............and come the glorious revolution you guys will be first against the wall :music_whistling::gun_sniper:

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to say no, since i'd rather have multi crew attack chopper like Apache, Cobra, Mi-24 or something similar.

Mi-24 is already under development, Cobra if I recall correctly also or at least planned. Nothing about AH-64.

Though probably there would be more more incentive and a chance for wider interest if the transport heli capaple of equipping some armamemnt rather than one that can take it provided that it is loaded into its cargo bay :) Pretty much like Huey or Hip today.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

And come that revolution, would you rather a great big helicopter came along to rescue you, or an Apache?

Don't you know your Firefly quotes (opening of Episode 2, "The Train Job")?

Wash: "Every man there go back inside, or we will blow a new crater in this little moon."

[Crew gets rescued]

Jayne: "Damn locals can't even tell a transport ship ain't got no guns on it."

If someone pulls that stunt with a Chinook, I'm guessing it'll be quite impressive as well. :D

• Like 1

I voted yes but buying a heavy lift helicopter module would be contingent on the module introducing some new functionality. For example i bought the Mirage 2000 and was very pleased with it; however i'm not at all tempted to buy the Mirage III as it brings little to nothing new to the table. If a heavy lift helicopter is just an MI-8 without weapons and desk fans then i'm not going to be motivated to buy it.

Some ideas i read in this thread that would convince me to go in on a module are aerial refueling, underway replenishment in the CH-46, Attack Chinook :D or any major change to the way internal cargo is managed.

Yeeesssss!! This can be a perfect avenue to begin fleshing out more support roles in DCS, which technically, is a big part of "Combat", and one area I think is quite overlooked by DCS as a combat platform.

Plus, the 53E is a great analog to our in game mi8, albeit without direct action capability. Overall, i think investing into the logistics and support systems that would make the stallion fun to fly and challenging in game could go a long ways towards opening up alot of different aircraft types that aren't necessarily fast movers, which can attract a broader audience of people into DCS and really solidly this platform as the premier name in flight simulation.

Long winded response yes, just my 2 cents :)

Voted Yes.By the time Razbam does get to making their first ever helicopter.Belsimteks UH-1 Huey & Mi-8 Hip should already have fully modeled infantry,muti-crew door gunners and other mission type scenarios by then.By the way,i want the CH-53 Super Stallion for the Harrier and the LHD ship.It's always been on my wishlist of big helicopters that i wanted to see fully modeled.Other helos on my wishlist that i want in DCS include the OH-6 Cayuse,AH-64 Apache,CH-21 Shawnee/Flying Bananna,CH-37 Mojave,UH-12 Raven & maybe the H-43 Huskie.

Look @ all the Afganistan ops that had the Chinook, and a Sea Stallion or which ever the one is that was in the first part of Transformers. Can just picture it now seeing guys trying mid air refuel that thing.:music_whistling::lol::pilotfly:

This..

Edited by Call911

CH-53 For me, still in service with the Marines, in fact about to be upgraded and get even bigger. Has been in CSAR role for years, See the number of Medal Of Honour medals have been earned in it. So yes it did/does do combat,

Ask any Helo pilot from Iraq, Afghanistan etc, they get shot at....that's combat. I second most of Angelthunders list. Nice to see so many people want the Mojave.

At this rate..i think there is a genuine interest for big rotary wing haulers...

I voted yes, but I think as probably many of you, the priority is to finish the current projects and add more adversaries for incoming modules, like late version of MiG-23 for Mirage2000C, "clickable" MiG-29 for F-14 and F/A-18. Maybe even early version of Su-27 if it's possible. If nothing will be done, in two years, it's going to be "BLUFOR all the way!" situation on the servers.

At this rate..i think there is a genuine interest for big rotary wing haulers...

I think there will be a genuine interest for whatever you decide to make for DCS, that doesn't mean a big choppa is the most anticipated or cost-effective DCS addon (sales versus complexity).

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro