Anyone else share my IMHO that KA-50 cockpit visibility is far too restrictive .

You mean not having a floor to look through? I imagine its on par with an apache, armor etc.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

you have a better view from the mi-24

but its that way to keep the windows small so they can take a 20mm hit.

there is a video somewhere of a guy sitting in the cockpit while they fire a test shot...

its very russian :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Ka-50 has always been that way. Your sitting in a high tub of armor. As you lean back in your seat, the armor rises up to protect your head. You have to lean forward to look through the windows. It works well.

Remember, this is slow and low, so you need all the protection you can get. Especially against 20 and 23mm arms fire.

I don't think it's restrictive at all.

You are not glued down to your seat, are you?

Move around a little.

I play DCS in VR, and I rearly sit still.

If all else fails - just open the door and stick yer head out :matrix:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

It ain't too restrictive, but it ain't like a some bubble canopies civilian aircrafts either.

If I would say what it has as restriction is the forward downward area. But that is where Shkval points and I kill....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

A nice solution can be add the "pivot" feature we can see in the F-16C to access the switches behind the seat like External lights and INS Alignment ecc; to look around the two big protection plates to the side of the pilot head

But you do that already with TrackIR own curves, and VR does it naturally. And you can do that with the view angles.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

If you look at the MI-28, then you will see a whole new world of restricted view.

In VR each window is larger than the size of my 1080P monitor.

You are simply sitting in the centre of 4 large plate armoured glass panels (up, left (huge sheet of glass that leads down towards the ground), right and forward).It is like driving your car, the sheer size of the windows lets all the light in.

it is a very special thing to sit in the middle of such large windows in which to look at the world, light coming in from every direction through big large windows.

It is different and it is definitely special and there is very little that will bring me back to real life punk ass gamer sitting in the man cave playing DCS ib friont of a tiny monitor!

regrets.... none!

Cost of trail blazing the youngling market is astronomical, benefit to the community including myself.... worth every penny.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.