Why Only AIM120?

Kumabit

If your missiles' CFD data are wrong, you should redo the CFD on all of your missiles.

Why only buff AIM-120? What about the R27 and other missiles? They are still acting like a drag chute auto deployer.

DCS should be considered as the top tire simulator, it doesn't make sense to only buff one weapon just because everyone is asking to.

Edited by Kumabit

Ever thought about them doing one after another?

I understand that they can't fix all missiles at once, but at least they should give a statement clarifying why they made these changes and what is their next plan.

Right now this is just like other game company saying that "In this patch, we buffed this...and we nerfed that...the game will be more balanced"

Or you can choose to not emote on an internet forum for no sensible reason and just wait. I see you're relatively new, missile changes have been in the works for a long time. The order they're tweaked is irrelevant. You are harshing my trigonometry.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Or you can choose to not emote on an internet forum for no sensible reason and just wait. I see you're relatively new, missile changes have been in the works for a long time. The order they're tweaked is irrelevant. You are harshing my trigonometry.

:thumbup:

If your missiles' CFD data are wrong, you should redo the CFD on all of your missiles.

Why only buff AIM-120? What about the R27 and other missiles? They are still acting like a drag chute auto deployer.

DCS should be considered as the top tire simulator, it doesn't make sense to only buff one weapon just because everyone is asking to.

Why is the sky blue?

What colour is an orange?

The AIM-120 is not the first missile they overhauled, last year they did the same for the AIM-7. Like others said, step by step.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3609594&postcount=23

My guess is they focus on "blue" side right now because it is the only side with full modelled modules(systems).

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

New Aim-120 is very nice. Good Pk on much longer ranges maneuvering bandits. I'm getting .6 to .8 Pk on better than 20% range increase.

As far as "improving" other missiles, who is to say the Soviet missiles aren't correct as is?

Looking forward to what else comes down the pipe. Fox-3 Two Ship!

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

... "In this patch, we buffed this...and we nerfed that...the game will be more balanced"

DCS is a simulator first and a game second, I hope ED will not try to redefine reality in order to achieve "balance".

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
Why does a duck float?

Because all the ones that couldn't are long gone :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!