***CATM Weapons***

Geraki

I think that equipment exist irl to prevent pilots kill each other during training. In simulator, you're already protected.

ACMI pod exists to add functionality to aircraft. We already have that functionality in sim without additional drag and mass. I bet rl pilots would prefer our way.

Imagine doing 50 simulated battles instead of 25 just because you can simply reset aircraft positions, and irl they have to fly to starting positions wasting time and money.

It really depends though, the 25 experiances in the real deal may be more worth it then the 50 in the sim as the real deal has consiquences to mistakes that make the pilot more aware, also having to deal with G forces and general tracking of targets is far different from sim to real life.

Some days i've had flying IRL where i can see an aircraft some 25 miles away just by a glint from sunlight, other days i couldn't see one 3 miles away.

It doesn't depend. 50 simulated battles is better than 25 simulated battles. They would give a lot of money to be able to just go instantly to starting positions.

Aaaaaalright! We get your point. 50 > 25. We get it. Pilots in real life would probably prefer to be able and auto-start their aircraft too and have infinite respawns instead of dying, but that is completely irrelevant. What you are seemingly unable to grasp is that most of us who fly in DCS want to emulate reality. That's why a lot of people would prefer 25 ACMI dogfights over 50 air quake battles. That's why a lot of people actually start their aircraft on their own instead of using auto-start. Whether or not real life pilots would prefer to do things our way, a lot of us want to do things their way; the realistic way. If you don't want to do things that way, then don't do it that way. But you don't have to try and convince us that what we want isn't worth anything just because you don't want it that way or because real pilots wish that reality was more like a simulator.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante