Crew around the aircraft at start

Gianky

Hey there!

So, about deck crew, the official statement is:

• Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.
  • Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

I'm assuming that means that we won't have deck crew around the aircraft for the start up, with the plane captain helping the pilot in starting the airplane.

Needless to say, that is a big part in the deck activities and it would be awesome to have it in this module.

So, the questions are: am I right in assuming the above? Is there any plan to add it later to the module?

It's disappointing, I would have really liked to see the hand signals from the deck crew for startup

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 4 weeks later...

At first I was disappointed too.

But after some consideration, it seems logical. Strictly speaking, the individual startup of an aircraft is not a thing of the carrier but of the aircraft itself. So a startup crew should be part of the aircraft add-on, not the SuperCarrier add-on.

Perhaps ED could sometime provide some kind of "startup crew framework" to enable every addon developer the use of animated people around his aircraft during startup - but so that it fits to the specific aircraft. But actually I think it's too complex because there are surely a lot of different hand signals and movements involved (per aircraft, country, etc)

Best regards

Jörg

My mind used to wonder like this also but then i realized this is a good starting base model for expansion if ED decides to.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals