[NO BUG]190-A8 radio not work?

philstyle

I am unable to get the frequencies set in the mission editor to be used by the Anton. Whist not a major issue, it does mean that I cant set the aircraft radios to match an airfield for ATC purposes.

For example, despite setting Ch I to 38.85 in the mission editor (for Carpiquet), when I spawn in, the radio remains on the default channel freq.

Is anyone having this issue?

Edited by philstyle
added video

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I think I had similar issue yesterday, I flipped radio switches back and forth and it started working.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I think I had similar issue yesterday, I flipped radio switches back and forth and it started working.

I think I've found the problem.

Channel 1 in the German aircraft appears to be taking the same frequency as Ch2, no matter what the mission editor says.

Video coming soon to show this

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

OK, that explains some of the wireless weirdness I've recently encountered. But the channels are still on distinct frequencies in the ME, so I'm not sure if there's anything we can do, apart from waiting for a fix. Ideas for a workaround ladies and gents? Well one could always use channels 3 & 4 of course...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I think I've found the problem.

Channel 1 in the German aircraft appears to be taking the same frequency as Ch2, no matter what the mission editor says.

Video coming soon to show this

I have noticed hat as well yesterday in your server, it was impossible to contact tower due to this. Chanel I and II were the same frequency.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• ED Team

Hi all

from the team, this is working as intended

FuG 16 series radios on selector I transmit on radio I and receive on radio II

image_2020_03_26T14_04_12_680Z.thumb.png.b81132066e9dac465073668ed740f89e.png

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So, now FuG 16 radio works as it did IRL in A-8.

Will the radio work the same way in the rest of LW planes.

And please correct it in A-8 manual, p.76, where is thenl old description, which is now confusing.

FuG16.JPG.0b0ffa57470500a4bcbbc51f2817e240.JPG

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

So, now FuG 16 radio works as it did IRL in A-8.

Doy ou know if the homing function for the AFN-2 is implemented and if so how to use it?

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Doy ou know if the homing function for the AFN-2 is implemented and if so how to use it?

Unfortunately it works somehow, even is shouldn't.

In ME just set ILS freq. in to "AFN2 Base Frequency" and you will see your azimuth information, left or right, from a localizer beam (works for all three planes). You mast be close from base and not too far from beam. It is shown by vertical needle with some delay and instability. Horizontal needle should show (IRL) signal strength - distance from beacon. It shows something, but i never realized what exacly here...?

Selected radio chanel has no impact on it.

I tried it only on Caucasus map, not on NTTR or PG and not all ILS systems at all bases.

K-4 and A-8 moreover show flying above marker, white light in the middle AFN-2. No setting is required, all markers have the same frequency. It is not shown in D-9.

It is bug all of it, except D-9 inability to read markers.

To cooperate with German WWII ILS system, fighter needed aditional device cooperating with FuG-16.

Simple AFN-2 what we have only showed azimuth and distance from beacon (something like NDB +DME) IRL.

This German radionavigation worked with different frequency range from modern systems, all of them. And modern ILS system works with DDM, German Lorenz was in principle A-N system.

Markers frequency is again different, modern 75MHz, WWII German 38MHz...

There in DCS W, even DCS WWII, is no one WWII radio device, Allied or Axis. So any WWII radio navigation aid in WWII planes shouldn't work.

first picture, am right from axis

wtcqHEO.png

second, am left from axis

dVcxDe0.png

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Wow, thank you for taking the time to answer in such detail.

From your pictures I can see that the system is working basically correctly. If you are to the right of the beacon the vertical marker points to the right and vice versa. Also range seems to be correctly displayed.

Markers frequency is again different, modern 75MHz, WWII German 38MHz...

I think the WW2 frequency was 33 MHz for civil use and 30-31.5 MHz for military.

I was going to use the AFN-2 for a mission with Y-Führung, where the JLO directs the aircraft to intercept an enemy aircraft. When flying the correct bearing the light in the AFN-2 would shine brightly and dim when going off course. Do you know if there is a way to model that with LUA code?

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Am sorry, i have no knowledge of LUA.

From your pictures I can see that the system is working basically correctly...

If you take FuG-16 with AFN-2 as a modern localizer receiver, which is not.

I think the WW2 frequency was 33 MHz for civil use and 30-31.5 MHz for military.

Here is description from Fu IB 2 manual, a device needed to coop with Lorenz landing system.

FXMD2qb.jpg

Here is Lorenz landing system, generaly similar to modern (and Allied WWII) but in principle different.

bvWMCyU.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

Ummm, OK, so back to the comms question for a second, how are we supposed to use it then with this realistic implementation? Ask ATC on first channel and immediately switch to second to hear reply?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ummm, OK, so back to the comms question for a second, how are we supposed to use it then with this realistic implementation? Ask ATC on first channel and immediately switch to second to hear reply?

No, you communicate with ATC on channel 4.

Channel 1 is for sending information to your radar officer who guides you to a target (JLO)

Channel 2 is for flight coms and listening to the JLO

Channel 3 is for super-regional coms (Reichsjägerwelle)

Channel 4 is for ATC and around-the-airfield coms (Nahflugsicherung)

Note:

There is conflicting info about the use of Channel 3 and 4 as some sources suggest they were the other way round (3 for ATC, 4 for Reichsjäger)

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Here is Lorenz landing system, generaly similar to modern (and Allied WWII) but in principle different.

So from what I understand what is not implemented about the system at the moment is:

- missing Voreinflugzeichen

- not enough range

- wrong frequency used

- missing acoustic signal

Correct? I will make a mission tonight and test this a bit for myself.

Here is description from Fu IB 2 manual, a device needed to coop with Lorenz landing system.

Do you think you could post a link to a PDF document of that manual? :)

Edited by MrExplosion

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Hi all

from the team, this is working as intended

Hi,

we tested it today and it does not work as intended.

It should work as you posted:

when channel "I" is selected - the transmitter is tuned to channel "I" frequency and the receiver is tuned to channel "II" frequency.

Unfortunetely in DCS Fw 190A when Chanel "I" is selected, both the transmitter and the receiver are tuned to chanel "II" frequency and your radio transmits on the same frequency as it receives. That is not correct.

It jus copy radio frequency from channel "II" to channel "I". And it is not correct.

Tested between planes and between plane and ATC with another planes were listening, the result was the same.

Simply FuG-16 has the receiver with "memory" for only 3 pre-tuned frequencies, but the transmitter had 4.

So from what I understand what is not implemented about the system at the moment is:

- missing Voreinflugzeichen

- not enough range

- wrong frequency used

- missing acoustic signal

Correct? I will make a mission tonight and test this a bit for myself.

Unfortunately no, it is not so easy.

F-15E | F-14A/B

Hi,

we tested it today and it does not work as intended.

It should work as you posted:

when channel "I" is selected - the transmitter is tuned to channel "I" frequency and the receiver is tuned to channel "II" frequency.

Unfortunetely in DCS Fw 190A when Chanel "I" is selected, both the transmitter and the receiver are tuned to chanel "II" frequency and your radio transmits on the same frequency as it receives. That is not correct.

It jus copy radio frequency from channel "II" to channel "I". And it is not correct.

Tested between planes and between plane and ATC with another planes were listening, the result was the same.

Simply FuG-16 has the receiver with "memory" for only 3 pre-tuned frequencies, but the transmitter had 4.

Unfortunately no, it is not so easy.

Channel 1 was set to transmit your position to a radar officer, while receive was tuned to channel 2 frequency. This is unfortunately not implemented at all, since there is no radar station to receive your position in the first place. :)

I tested AFN-2 in Caucasus and range and Voreinflugzeichen seemed to be ok. Acoustic is implemented and maybe correct for Georgian beacons but German beacons accoustics told you if you were left or right of slope or approaching correctly.

Edited by MrExplosion

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!