Se because IT'S NOT A BUG ... (safety)

JG13Wulf

Can you change the fact we can use MG 131 when stick safety is still on.

Safety on = no gun can fire !

Just to have something similar with Bf 109 K4 and Fw 190 D9. Those have the same stick and can't shoot with safety on ! That how it should work !

Thanks !

Edited by JG13~Wulf

This is how it should work. (this is replica of standard luftwaffe warbird stick : Bf 109, Fw 190, ...)

The top button can't be pushed when trigger is up (safety position).

For the moment it work perfectly with that. You can't shoot canon when safety is on.

But there is the button in front of the stick. This one is pressed when you press the trigger in non-safety position.

Right now, in game, if you have the trigger in safety position, you still can push on the button in front of the stick. On the video it show it's possible if you turn the stick and place your finger between the two plastic side. But if you fly the plane and hold the stick correctly (like you would do it in flight), you can't reach that button.

So i'm asking that the we have the correct behavior in DCS : As I fly normally my plane, when safety on, I can't reach this button so I can't fire the two Mg 131.

To compare with the two other german warbirds, those work as I ask.

The Bf 109 can't shoot when safety on.

The Fw 190 D9 don't have safety but you can see the animation of the trigger moving from safety to non safety when shooting.

I ask A8 behave like that. No shoot if safety on.

If the real aircraft had a guarded switch the inhibited the activation of the trigger, then this should be simulated as well since ED can not control the types of joysticks people have.

This is not much different then the way WEP works on the real mustang and how ED controls it in the simulation. ED can not put a safety wire on every joystick out there, so you need to press E with the throttle full forward to simulate breaking the safety wire.

Well, here, the Safety switch is that activation. When the safety is set, the switch is guarded so it is INTENDED to not allow the trigger to fire, even though someone determined might be able to hit the switch anyways. The deal is, it should be simulated in the way of intent to make up for the hardware differences.

If the real aircraft had a guarded switch the inhibited the activation of the trigger, then this should be simulated as well since ED can not control the types of joysticks people have.

This is not much different then the way WEP works on the real mustang and how ED controls it in the simulation. ED can not put a safety wire on every joystick out there, so you need to press E with the throttle full forward to simulate breaking the safety wire.

Well, here, the Safety switch is that activation. When the safety is set, the switch is guarded so it is INTENDED to not allow the trigger to fire, even though someone determined might be able to hit the switch anyways. The deal is, it should be simulated in the way of intent to make up for the hardware differences.

agree!

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

@Wulf: you say "The Fw 190 D9 don't have safety but you can see the animation of the trigger moving from safety to non safety when shooting."

I don't want to start an argument, but in my opinion that's not any better to see the safety latch jump up ech time you pull the trigger.

I'd like to see it work like in the Bf-109K.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah I agree but I see people asking for it before but still nothing... Ww2 planes are just here to attract us but nothing is done to made them correctly or to adapt the environment...

Still waiting cloud sync, gun convergence, work on visibility, fuel in mustang central fuel tank... But years pass and update add nothing... Except this fw (beta I know) with those kind of feature... Yeah!

I m getting more and more bored with this way to work!