next Step in F18 development

Neor

next bomb AGM62

Pjub7Aq864.jpg

i7 5960x 3.0@4.2GHz/ DDR4 16Gb 3000MHz @ / ASUS Rampage v крайняя x99 / SSD 240GB ASUS RAIDR Экспресс PCIe / 2xSSD 512GB raid.0 / 2xHDD 1Tb raid.0 / GeForce GTX Titan X / ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 3440x1440/ HOTAS Warthog ™ / TrackIR 5

Most items on that list either need further tweaking (eg DUD, MSI), additions (eg HARM PB and Pullback modes, JDAM LP and TERM) or it's straight up not available in-game yet (ATFLIR, MIDS, INS simulation, BU page). That list is not even close to completed.

This is not a jab at ED by any means, I'm very satisfied with the Hornet. I'm just saying that the list is not done yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I was curious and went through a list Wags posted on page 2 of his mini-updates post. Some of these I have no clue, but I might have most of this right. Probably wrong on some of it. But over all it looks like a lot of work still left to do.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

Sensors:

• A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL (Partially Complete)

• A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA (In Development)

• AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod (Scheduled?)

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) (Complete or To Be Completed)

• Link-16 (Complete or To Be Completed and Link-4, …)

• AWW-13 Datalink Pod (Scheduled?)

• NVGs (To be remodeled?)

Weapons:

• AGM-88C HARM (Partially Complete)

• AGM-45A/B Shrike (Scheduled?)

• AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon (Partially Complete)

• AGM-84E SLAM (Scheduled?)

• AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER (Scheduled?)

• AGM-65E Maverick (Complete, may need polishing)

• AGM-65F Maverick (Complete, may need polishing)

• AGM-154A JSOW (Partially Complete, need dynamic)

• AGM-154C JSOW (Partially Complete, need dynamic)

• Walleye I ER/DL (Scheduled?) (AGM-62 people in prior post inquired)

• Walleye II ER/DL (Scheduled?) (AGM-62 people in prior post inquired)

• GBU-10 Paveway II (Complete, may need polishing)

• GBU-12 Paveway II (Complete, may need polishing)

• GBU-16 Paveway II (Complete, may need polishing)

• GBU-24B/B Paveway III (Scheduled?)

• GBU-38 JDAM (Partially Complete, need dynamic)

• GBU-31 JDAM (Partially Complete, need dynamic)

• GBU-32 JDAM (Scheduled?)

• AIM-9X Sidewinder (Complete, may need polishing)

• AIM-7P Sparrow (…)

• AIM-120B/C AMRAAM (Complete, may need polishing)

• Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine (Scheduled?)

• Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine (Scheduled?)

• Mk-77 Fire Bomb (Scheduled?)

Decoys:

• ADM-141 TALD (Scheduled?)

• GEN-X (Scheduled?)

Edited by Kazius

I don’t think they’ve explicitly stated what’s next, but recent updates provide clues.

Walleyes look close, and SLAMs use the same interface as jdam, so reasonable to expect those soon.

They’ve put a ton of work into trackfiles last couple months, so we should start to see functions that use mc ranked tracks mature. Seemingly small but big quality of life stuff like undesignate to cycle ranked trackfiles, or to swap l&s and d2t. Bump acquisition. The next really big jump in hornet capability will be TWS. Not sure if ax/el is required for TWS to work, but once those are in they can finish up the a/a suite (VS, spot, raid, exp, set search params, RTS).

Who knows on the rest. A/G radar is the elephant in the room, which they mentioned real beam initial work was working in house, so that’s the very, very tip of the A/G radar iceberg. There’s what, 5-6 modes, bunch of submodes, some of which will be very technically challenging (MAP DBS and SAR submodes in particular), 2 tracking modes and all the integration work? That’s a massive project.

Beyond that who knows? Almost nothing is 100% complete so there’s a ton of incremental work individual weapon modes of course but lots, of convenience features like additional hotas functions that made sense to wait until more systems were in (swapping SA/HSI, attack format/ax el, bring up stores page), or set default radar search, mumi, lots of work on tpod to do, jhmcs cueing, etc. Once you start getting into finer detail the list gets long fast

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

TWS is still not done and no real news about it. You cant call it done without it.

Yeah, I'd like the AA radar stuff to get finished up.

Also would like the AA TPOD stuff to get done too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is ED also working on the BIT page? Would be nice to do a full BIT test after startup and there are no "not ready" messages on the BIT page when we go airborne.

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

General avionics details too

Things like the brightness and contrast adjustments of the DDI's and AMPCD

Fight model details like the negative roll static stability while in power approach mode. Should be neutral

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Is ED also working on the BIT page? Would be nice to do a full BIT test after startup and there are no "not ready" messages on the BIT page when we go airborne.

Also need fuel BIT and JHMCS alignment implementation so we can do proper cold starts.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I seem to remember thinking the Hornet should be capable of showing MSI tracks on the helmet too? Like target box? I would love to have an always on tdbox of the nearest friendly...

It'll happen, JHMCS is WIP and far from feature complete.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

JHMCS does not display MSI trackfiles, it will show L&S and DT2, or STT target of course, but it won't display radar contracts or ranked trackfiles, MSI or otherwise, unless designated.

JHMCS does not display MSI trackfiles, it will show L&S and DT2, or STT target of course, but it won't display radar contracts or ranked trackfiles, MSI or otherwise, unless designated.

The JHMCS options page has blanking options for closest members and TUC. I believe it shows at least wingmen positions and a datalink track of interest?

You’re right, my comment was imprecise. I’d just commented in the radar thread and was referencing ranked trackfiles, but MSI tracks is a broader term. In my defense, jhcms has changed a lot, particularly following feedback from pilots and studies assessing what’s too much/too little, symbology, etc.

You are right that it will display closest friendly and TUC, it’s not a question of capability, rather usability.... at one point I believe it showed all TNs and friendliest and had range filter of some sort, and would display ground tracks (e.g. mids CAS mission would display target location AND nearest ground friendly if included with message). This is a bit after my time so I am not really sure tbh