A-10C cockpit

sweinhart3

Hi all. I have been seriously considering building a cockpit for the A-10C model. Does anyone know how I could get the dimensions of the pit as well as photos of what instrumentation/ switches and panels are in it? Any help would be appreciated since it seems that both DCS and Fighter-ops intend to create simulation of one.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

Hi all. I have been seriously considering building a cockpit for the A-10C model. Does anyone know how I could get the dimensions of the pit as well as photos of what instrumentation/ switches and panels are in it? Any help would be appreciated since it seems that both DCS and Fighter-ops intend to create simulation of one.

I just checked now, and I have 146Mb of 3D Views and detailed info on all the panels..

But I can't post that much info here, so P M me your e-mail or your adress, and I'll either e-mail or snail-mail it to you..

Even got the Flight Manual for the A-10A model in this folder somewhere..:cry:

[ATTACH]25376[/ATTACH]

1235592530gb6.smilLink to A-10 Slideshow: http://img516.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img516/2218/1235592530gb6.smila%3E

• Like 1

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been collecting parts for an A-10A model for over 5 years all it takes is patience and money lol a lot of money. I have helped Gus with dimensions on panels if you have a question let me know and i may be able to help even I don't have some measurements

• Like 1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I'm planning an Hawg C pit as well, but I'm still in the CAD mock up/planning stage. It's pretty slow going, but that's ok because we have a nice head start! Anyway, I've found that the dimensions in the above schematic are not accurate. It's a good 15-20mm out of scale. I'll post what dimensions I have when I can get to my home computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

Deadman pointed me out to this thread. So many things going on everywhere that it's hard to to be updated ;-)

Confirm that measurements differs from real world. Both in width and some angles. Also stated so in the thread on Frug's and on my small 'site'

Panel heads shown above, on top of frame, are in draft stage only, based on orginal size reference but rest is home made based on info from flight manual and some "creative" thinking

I begun the "Cheep'n Dirty" design years back. It was thought to be just a look-alike basic Pit but the demands keept going up (from my side) . The standard US metrics for panel, Dzuz spaces etc wasn't even heard of (by me) at that time. Instead of recreating the side frames I made 'em wider to solve the problem for not having sufficient space in first frame. Always a next verion to be made.

Front of left and right outer side is also not correct (but it fits my base frame with some effort ;-)

A big thanks to DeadMan for aid and reference :thumbup:

Will add that book mentioned above to the shoppinglist (thx)

Looking forward to see the progress of your 10C pits

Cheers

/Gus

- - - -

A-10C HOTAS for the Pitbuilder?

I have come in contact with a very helpfull and nice guy here in Norway that used to import SunCom Joysticks and Thrustmaster.

He told me that he had a couple of SunCom Stick and Throttle 'Combos left over that he could be persuaded to sell to Pitbuilders?:thumbup:

suncomfsthrottle.jpgsuncomflightsticktalon.jpg

The Combo Pack..! (Am I wrong when I say that the A-10B have this "F-15" type HOTAS?)

The real A-10C Throttle and Stick:

a10chotas10.jpg

If you mix it up with an old Thrustmaster FLCS Stick like this:

thrustmasterflcsstick.jpg

You'll get the right combo...

He told me he would look into what he had in stick and send me prices in a couple of days..:thumbup:

Naturally I'm getting one and modding it with Leo Bodnars joystick controller cards..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10 Panels, Operational Manual, Pictures and some other A-10 related stuff from my Skydrive: http://cid-58ab92e8ffe73bbb.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/A-10?uc=0

Credit for all the excellent panels goes to Strandedduckling

Edited by Triggerhappy69
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I havent got a price quote yet but Hirevsims.com makes an a-10c hotas setup that I plan on buying. I have started building the instrumentation for my pit. If the above panel dimensions are fairly close Ill live with that. I plan to make the pit around the instruments so I am working on the electronics for my first panel; the Caution Panel. I also purchased a 32bit usb microcontroller that I am doing a lot of research and testing on that I plan to interface with everything. Im also restudying my c++ manuals so if anyone has information on what files are used for input/output in the sim and how to manipulate it I would appreciate that. Does anyone know if mfd/egi/rwr will be outputable in DCS A10? Im trying to plan on what I will and wont be able to interface.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

I have the same project, but the idea is to go front panel only so I can move this one to LAN whenever needed :)

Anyway, I already know that I will work with a TFT to implement gauges on the front panel. I started creating A10 gauges for Flaming cliff a while ago with gauge composer.

Don't mind the ADi and VVI, they were done to match my current instrument bezels, it's a WIP anyway

gaugecomposer_1.jpg

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

Greetings all.

- Trigger, couldn't help getting lost in your skydrive collection of pics. That instrument panel setup is a beauty. Gave me some nice ideas:cheer3nc:

Have to ask. The 10A weapon panel shown looks it have some displays embedded for station load, can you give me some insight of the setup ?

- RD, these gauges are super, almost give me some headace for decided to go for air-core based instead

Cheers

/Gus

- - - -

Physical Cockpit Interface Package, and Guages Implementation via .Lua EXPORT...

my TWO CENTS..

I dont think it is worth implementing (a fully function cockpit) if i can not play against the best pilots because server admins turn off .lua export to prevent cheating.

do implement it if your a Fanatic who likes to have a fully functional cockpit, playing only the single player campagins...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

:surprise:

I didn't know about that hannibal! That really, really sucks. :wallbash:

I'm still building the pit, though. Hopefully I can join a squad with a server and talk them into keeping exporting on. I don't care much for public server play anyway.

Deadman has several unopened SFS HOTAS's, contact him.

Your Caution panel looks good, but are those all yellow LED's? I thought the caution panel had yellow, red and green lights, depending on the type of indication? I could be wrong though, I've been putting off making that panel because I'm not sure which color each light should be.

yeah I dont know about that either. I know there are some master warning lights elsewhere that are red. Unless someone else knows let us in on the secret. It wont be difficult to swap out for other colors if needed.

As far flightmanual states, all lights on the warning pan is yellow, Master caution is red. One beauty to solve is that all "new" alerts should be flashing untill MC is depressed, then the warningPan indicator turns to steady yellow.

Alerts that is "solved" release the warning indicator. If it occurs again, it will be by a flashing light once again and so on

Allready existing errorstaus during powrup will have solid yellow though

From the back of my head, might be way of though

/gus

- - - -