some NAV questions...

fitness88

for the numpad stuff I don't use my mouse (or look at my keyboard) at all. Everything is mapped to the numpad. (numbers to numbers, enter to enter, - to dest, + to prep, / to coordinates and * to altitute). I look at the numbers on the sticker entering everything blind. Normally I don't even look at the INS panel while doing so, I was just zoomed out this much so you could see the data being entered. Normally I'm leaning full screen towards the coordinate list on the wall for easy reading, while typing it all in blind.

Should work exactly the same in VR. But for ILS, yeh, you will need to bind something.

*Sticker file is in the attachment, JSGME ready.

First thanks for the attachment!pilotfly.gif

My setup has my HOTAS on the front of my desk nearest me and the keyboard is behind. It's a bit awkward to reach over the HOTAS to access the numpad...I wish I could integrate it more comfortably to do what you do. I'm going to try to find a way because it's a lot of mapping to HOTAS for buttons I could use for other things...I'll play with it...but thanks for giving me the idea on that.

You might consider using a usb-numeric keyboard (so just the numpad part). I've seen them on ebay starting from $3.. (including shipping, search parameters "usb numeric keypad"). You might have space to stick one of those beside your stick. :thumbup:

oPjhsxb.jpg

Looks very useful...I'll check it out thanks.