F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #2

Cobra847

Very promising, especially with the advanced rio AI.

But I would urge the developers - if possible - to wait until Carrier Ops is included....a F14 simulator within the GUIK/Norwegian Sea area (I am just guessing here :) ) without Carrier Ops would be weired.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very promising, especially with the advanced rio AI.

But I would urge the developers - if possible - to wait until Carrier Ops is included....a F14 simulator within the GUIK/Norwegian Sea area (I am just guessing here :) ) without Carrier Ops would be weired.

Why in the world would you hold off flying a perfectly good airframe waiting on carrier ops? Fly the plane and use it in any number of possible scenarios such as Top Gun for example.. Or just don't worry about it and fly the plane...

You guys kill me.. HURRY UP HURRY UP HURRY UP.. (But wait until carrier ops is included)

Using the plane while waiting for other dfeatures (Like carrier ops) is one of the reasons there are beta releases in the first place...

:doh:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Why in the world would you hold off flying a perfectly good airframe waiting on carrier ops? Fly the plane and use it in any number of possible scenarios such as Top Gun for example.. Or just don't worry about it and fly the plane...

You guys kill me.. HURRY UP HURRY UP HURRY UP.. (But wait until carrier ops is included)

Using the plane while waiting for other dfeatures (Like carrier ops) is one of the reasons there are beta releases in the first place...

:doh:

I agree. Those who don't want to fly it without carrier ops can just hold off on purchasing it untill it's included. Why should the rest of us have to wait?

I just hope the carrier ops system features a live flight deck crew!!!

I'm not expecting this, but it sure would add a lot of immersion

As for carrier ops, I'm looking forward to flying from carriers of course. But that is secondary to getting a nice aircraft for me so i don't mind if that comes later. Makes sense to learn the plane before trying to land it on a carrier anyway.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The theme song on start must be top gun anthem it must!!!!!!!!!

Columbia Records likely wont Allow that,

The music for previous top gun games had to be re-recorded w/ artist's/composer's permission as Columbia refused to allow the music to be used.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Columbia Records wont Allow that,

The music for previous top gun games had to be re-recorded w/ artist's/composer's permission as Columbia refused to allow the music to be used.

Danger Zone is in GTA V...

Probably worse to have it in that than for this.

Frisco1522

Danger Zone is in GTA V...

Probably worse to have it in that than for this.

Frisco1522

Rockstar has the $$$$$$ to get permission, the same for Queen, the sound track for GTAV prolly cost them more than anything else in the audio department.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm not expecting this, but it sure would add a lot of immersion

As for carrier ops, I'm looking forward to flying from carriers of course. But that is secondary to getting a nice aircraft for me so i don't mind if that comes later. Makes sense to learn the plane before trying to land it on a carrier anyway.

I think they made a carrier ops mod for FSX that features a live flight deck.

I agree with you on your second point. Prospective naval aviators spend hundreds, if not thousands, of flying hours over land before they ever begin to learn carrier ops.

Rockstar has the $$$$$$ to get permission, the same for Queen, the sound track for GTAV prolly cost them more than anything else in the audio department.
I bet 'take my breath away' would be as much $$$$ lol :megalol: jk jk

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

That is all for F-14 development at this point.

During the next month you should expect to see some strong visual progress on both exterior and interior textures.

Oh boy I can't wait! It's gotta be getting close! Keep up the amazing work leatherneck!:smilewink:

Frisco1522

You don't even need a utility IIRC.

When the Dora was released I asked for a version of the music without the weird background noises which I dislike, and I could implement it by just using a file with the same name that the friendly guy who made the music (btd) posted on the forums. :)

Edited by Aginor

You don't need any utility beyond Audacity (which is free/open source), which can break the track into parts (intro and loop) and convert to Ogg Vorbis. I did this to "Fortunate Son" for my Huey theme.

EDIT: I actually just mixed stuff from the Top Gun Score (Harold Faltermeyer, not Danger Zone) and dubbed in the Libyan MiG shootdown audio. It will be available when the Tomcat is released.

Edited by Home Fries

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually identify classic rock from the 1970s and 1980s with the F-14. This has a lot to do with the fact the Tomcat entered service in the 1970s.

Metal... lots and lots of HEAVY METAL. \m/

That is what the Tomcat means to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

Sorry if this has been covered. I know in real life computers control the sweep of the wings, is there a way for the pilots to manually override the computer, and if so will this manual override be included in this model?

Either way, when this thing comes out, I plan on spending several days just watching the wings sweep.