Questions about the CMS and INS Alignment

Jogui3000

:helpsmilie:

Hey there, I've finished reading the Mirrage's manual and watched quite some YT tutorials on it. I got the hang of pretty much everything now... Though I do have some questions.

Counter Measures system:

-What exactly does the PANIC release button do?

-What is the difference between the SA and ALL options (to turn on your CMS)

-I don't remeber it's name right now, but how does that little box you have on the left part of your cockpit really work? When I set it to Auto, it tells me the number of chaff and flares I have, but It always displays 130 and 50, which is wrong, since the Mirrage carries 118 chaff and 48 flares (IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN)

INS Alignment:

-On my last flight, I decided to settle for a class 3 INS alignment, and therefore, fliped the switch to NAV, but I got an error for the INS when I did it. (Am I doing something wrong?)

-How exactly can I perform an INS fast alignment? I've seen how you can do a "memory alignment" but it won't work if you're starting the plane for the first time... (This would be useful for an interception for example).

And while I'm at it, here's an extra question...

-How do I make the HUD display a sintetic runway? I know how I can make a waypoint for the runway and put the heading and glide slope info on the system, I've tried, but it never worked. (I'm not sure what to put into the G/S part though, can someone tell me?)

Thanks in advance...

:D

PC Specs: RTX 2070 (8GB) + I5-9600K + 32GB RAM.

Stuff for the sim: Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS + TFRP Rudder pedals, Track IR5.

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Maps: Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack.

Campaigns: A10C:The Enemy Within.

:helpsmilie:

Hey there, I've finished reading the Mirrage's manual and watched quite some YT tutorials on it. I got the hang of pretty much everything now... Though I do have some questions.

[...]

Counter measures :

PANIC mode release 4(?) flares and 8(6?) chaffs independently of your selected program, it's an emergency release that you use when you don't have the correct CM program or you don't know what is after you.

You must be talking of the LL switch (CM panel, right 3 position switch) : A = Arrêt (off), SA = Semi-Auto, and AU = Auto. currently only the A and SA position work.

The box you are talking about the the éclair control panel, for the moment it only displays you your chaff and flare number.

INS :

The error you got is a bug, the light should not be on, apart from that your INS will work as usual, it will just have a higher drift.

You can't do a fast alignment with a cold plane, but you are requiered to do it when you do a rearming. IIRC Zeus talked about a QRA state where the plane would be in "standby" mode where you can do the fast alignment.

Synthetic runway :

You got it right but for the moment you can't create a synthetic runway while in flight, you have to setup a landing point in the editor for it to work.

To make it appear you have to select the airport waypoint as DEST, select the APP mode and tune to the runway ILS frequency. I think it shows up at ~10nm.

I hope I answered your questions, if you have more don't hesitate ;).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Counter measures :

PANIC mode release 4(?) flares and 8(6?) chaffs independently of your selected program, it's an emergency release that you use when you don't have the correct CM program or you don't know what is after you.

You must be talking of the LL switch (CM panel, right 3 position switch) : A = Arrêt (off), SA = Semi-Auto, and AU = Auto. currently only the A and SA position work.

The box you are talking about the the éclair control panel, for the moment it only displays you your chaff and flare number.

INS :

The error you got is a bug, the light should not be on, apart from that your INS will work as usual, it will just have a higher drift.

You can't do a fast alignment with a cold plane, but you are requiered to do it when you do a rearming. IIRC Zeus talked about a QRA state where the plane would be in "standby" mode where you can do the fast alignment.

Synthetic runway :

You got it right but for the moment you can't create a synthetic runway while in flight, you have to setup a landing point in the editor for it to work.

To make it appear you have to select the airport waypoint as DEST, select the APP mode and tune to the runway ILS frequency. I think it shows up at ~10nm.

I hope I answered your questions, if you have more don't hesitate ;).

Thank you very much!

Though I did it for the synthetic runway and It didn't work...

I placed my fifth waypoint on the runway, tuned in the ILS and went to APP mode... It didn't work.

(I created the WP in the ME, as you said. After that I only edited the runway heading and G/S.

I do not know what to put in the Glide Slope info though...)

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Thank you very much!

I placed my fifth waypoint on the runway, tuned in the ILS and went to APP mode... It didn't work.

(I created the WP in the ME, as you said. After that I only edited the runway heading and G/S.

I do not know what to put in the Glide Slope info though...)

You don't have to do all that, all you have to do is to setup a landing waypoint in the editor, then select it as DEST waypoint, set ILS, APP mode and you are done. No need to edit the CP/PD.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

You don't have to do all that, all you have to do is to setup a landing waypoint in the editor, then select it as DEST waypoint, set ILS, APP mode and you are done. No need to edit the CP/PD.

Got it, thanks again. Though that is a bug/not implemented yet right? (Since the manual tells you to edit CP/PD.

Yes, this feature is not implemented for the moment ;).

I see, thanks a lot for your help.

Thank you very much!

make sure its a landing WP not a normal WP

SFMBE

make sure its a landing WP not a normal WP

Alright! :thumbup: