F-16 LANTIRN HUD

Wurf

F-16 LANTIRN HUD  

84 members have voted

1. 1. F-16 LANTIRN HUD

It sems that the addition of the LANTIRN HUD would be a great expansion to the F-16 capability. The LANTIRN HUD was designed to provide IR (night) raster video on the HUD providing night capability for navigation and targeting. It provides a night vision look of the outside world equivalent to a daytime view through the HUD. This same HUD is used for daytime (air-to-air) operations.

viewtopic.php?t=9959

If the version of the jet depicted in the sim didn't have that capability in real life, then no, I don't want it.

As Cupra said: The ANG-Viper anno 2007 didn't have that functionality, so I don't want to see it on the jet in the sim. If you want it: create a mod it.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

What ShadowXP said! Keept it real! I would have also loved to have an F-16 version that has TFR, but as the version we have in dcs doesn't have TFR in reality I also don't want it to be available in oru F-16.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It has an inherit capability. It is just a matter of a point where it has lost the ability to manage the system and display FLIR tv channel due to a software update whish do also not include TFR update (because nowadays NVGs are preferred to FLIR). Anytime a "little" soft update can restore the capa.

Edited by Dee-Jay

It has the capability. It is just a matter of a point where it has lost the capa due to a software update whish do not include TFR update (because nowadays NVGs are preferred to FLIR). Anytime a "little" soft update can restore the capa.

Yeah, I think no one is denying that, just like you could probably integrate MK-83s quite easily, but the real life Viper of this variant as used by USAF/USNG is not having those things and as our DCS Viper is modeled after them it doesn't have them either.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Question for me is:

Why the LANTIRN View when i can just use an NVG?

@Cupra

Why would this feature be a Reason for you to switch to DCS?

I couldnt fire up this other sim since i was used to the Graphics and especially since VR and a lot of other things....

Only thing im Missing is a German capable Squad

[NOT REALISTIC]

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It sems that the addition of the LANTIRN HUD would be a great expansion to the F-16 capability. The LANTIRN HUD was designed to provide IR (night) raster video on the HUD providing night capability for navigation and targeting. It provides a night vision look of the outside world equivalent to a daytime view through the HUD. This same HUD is used for daytime (air-to-air) operations.

viewtopic.php?t=9959

That is the WAR HUD or the Wide Angle Raster. It is not specific to the block 40/42, some Korean AF (ROKAF) Block 52 have it (for example, there are others) The HUD itself does not provide FLIR. In the F-16 block 40 to the 52+ the AN/AAQ-13 is needed to get TFR and FLIR. Also, WAR HUD is not the only HUD capable of providing FLIR image, Greek block 52+ Wide Angle Collimated or WAC HUD can also use it if the AAQ-13 is installed.

The AAQ-13 has not been used in the USAF since early 2000, coincidentally, The NVIS mod was around this time ( NVIS mod changed lightning to be NVG compatible)

It has an inherit capability. It is just a matter of a point where it has lost the ability to manage the system and display FLIR tv channel due to a software update whish do also not include TFR update (because nowadays NVGs are preferred to FLIR). Anytime a "little" soft update can restore the capa.

Never lost that capability, it did not have it. USAF F-16 block 50/52 never had that capability.

Additionally,

No US ANG unit had block 50 back then.

P.S.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228845

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248011

http://forums.eagle.ru:8080/showpost.php?p=2817657&postcount=3166

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2905333&postcount=53

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'd love to have the LANTIRN Navigation pod for this, but as has been said already, our F-16CM bl.50 doesn't sport this IRL.

Maybe chances are that once, in the future, when this module is finished ED might go for adding another older variant that has it... fsgrin.png

We could at least expect RAZBAM's F-15E to have it, and they already have FLIR on HUD with the AV-8B...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

A) it's a block 50, so it didnt have war hud like block 40/42 for lantirn.

B) even if it was a block 40/42 lantirn is obselete tgp next to litening 2 at or sniper xr, that a post ccip 40/42 is using from the 21st century. Plus pilots just use nvg goggles.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD