[REQUESTED]Request For Huey Upgrade (No Doors)

DeltaXrayBravo

[REQUESTED]Request For Huey Upgrade (No Doors)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. [REQUESTED]Request For Huey Upgrade (No Doors)

• Yes, I agree with you.
    • No, I do not agree with you.

I have a question here for Wags or NineLine. When you guys release the Huey update, would it be possible to add a Huey that has no cockpit doors. It looks badass and helps out with sling loads if you have no doors as you can look straight down, but with the door on the aircraft your only choice is to open the door. I’m thinking just like the way the spitfire is where it’s a another model, almost exactly the same but with clipped wings, only this model would have no cockpit doors. Here’s a couple of pictures so you can see what I’m talking about. Let me know if You agree with me that this would be an cool feature for the Huey!

F9DE7BEE-7D1C-4389-A8ED-82A1667BFA10.jpeg.6f2c94e7ebd07ba4da0f586465c6ed6a.jpeg

88072F4F-E1A4-477F-90D6-C802778D6478.thumb.jpeg.025850b53fdb0a7f4365041ac2232322.jpeg

id also want a Huey upgrade to include a RWR since post Vietnam Army hueys had such capability (you can also see mounts spots the air frame within DCS 3d model where RWR sensors would be installed)

12-19-131-01-50PM.jpg

full-32698-60987-arp.jpg

full-32698-60461-console.jpg

US army huey's had AN/APR39 RWR, but what former BST had modeled was something closely resembling the Aussie bushranger as opposed to US army Huey mode.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

id also want a Huey upgrade to include a RWR since post Vietnam Army hueys had such capability (you can also see mounts spots the air frame within DCS 3d model where RWR sensors would be installed)

US army huey's had AN/APR39 RWR, but what former BST had modeled was something closely resembling the Aussie bushranger as opposed to US army Huey mode.

You guys need to remember...just because particular unit had a piece of equipment or system does not mean they all had it...or lacked it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

That is true Sierra, but the doors off isn’t a key component that will greatly alter the Huey. Not only that but doors off was and is pretty common to this day from the Vietnam War. Someone in a Facebook group said it best, even better than my idea, to make it an option in the Rearm menu, to be able to take the Hard-points and Doors off of the Huey, that way we can let the wind blow through our hair, and have a, “Slick” Huey for troop movements. I don’t know, just food for thought and would definitely make the Huey a lot cooler

It shouldn't be that hard. They just need to disable door textures. And this request is being made since years..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

That is true Sierra, but the doors off isn’t a key component that will greatly alter the Huey. Not only that but doors off was and is pretty common to this day from the Vietnam War. Someone in a Facebook group said it best, even better than my idea, to make it an option in the Rearm menu, to be able to take the Hard-points and Doors off of the Huey, that way we can let the wind blow through our hair, and have a, “Slick” Huey for troop movements. I don’t know, just food for thought and would definitely make the Huey a lot cooler

Sorry I was talking about the RWR not the doors...Doors On Doors Off, I got no dog in that fight. ???? (Unless I am mistaken, OH-58s flew sans doors.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• ED Team

Hi all,

we can not promise anything, but wanted to let you know a feature request has been made internally.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry I was talking about the RWR not the doors...Doors On Doors Off, I got no dog in that fight. ???? (Unless I am mistaken, OH-58s flew sans doors.)

RWR would be useful feature, i dont see a reason not to include a RWR variant Huey if there is ever a remodel/cockpit update done ala Ka50, A10C or P51D25/D30 as even if not all had, it it certainly is noted as a standard feature in the manual I have. ( after all thats why later productions had those cones built into the airframe for RWR sensor mounting)Fact is minus RWR this current Huey model is already representative of not only a post nam but a late 1980s model given not only installation of countermeasure system, but also composite rotor blades and NVG compatible cockpit.

After all AN/APR39 is a RWR system that Ah1S modernized ( or depending on chosen nomenclature : the Ah1F) will have, a module ED has planned. May as well kill two birds with 1 stone.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hi all,

we can not promise anything, but wanted to let you know a feature request has been made internally.

thanks

There is already an option in the ME to open the doors by trigger action, and by the player over the keyboard.

The only thing I miss is a way to get the AI open up their doors without a hostile target available. No front doors are not really common.

Always happy landings ;)

+1

Hard to believe that this wasn't implemented as an option from the initial release,or at the very worse,as an update that would've been made available to us at a later date.This,(the doors),being such an iconic part of a Huey.

Now,had we been discussing putting the doors on,I could've believed the reason why it's taken a while,but almost every picture of the iconic Huey in Vietnam,shows the chopper with the doors off or slid back.....funny how the devs see how the module should be created.

To be discussing the possibility of a request by it's customers years after it's release,is quite sad,and very disappointing,that we the customers are having to beg the devs almost at this late stage to try and force the feature to be created.

Well done DeltaXrayBravo for bringing this up thumbup.gif

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

A Google image search for 'Vietnam Huey' shows almost no images of aircraft with doors off.

I have around 1200 hours in the Huey and about two of them were with the pilot doors removed.

Cabin doors pinned back, yes... Off, almost never.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option, but you're overstating the importance.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein