QA-10 :) first attempt at skinning, progress day 1.

m0j0NL

Hey Folks,

I`ve asked before on the forums if anyone had the time to make a QF-16 skin, but so far noone has found the time to reply/or is interested in doing this.

No worries, but seeing as i`m pretty familiar with Photoshop i thought i would give it ago, but unfortunately i`m unable to find a template worth using (Only able to find one that is basically just 1 layer, instead of layers per element of the skin.

So ok.. maybe i should try another plane then, and thus I have started to make a fictional version of a QA-10 :music_whistling: and have been using images of the QF-16, and the QF-4 as reference material.

Specifically these 2:

RMdsOLOm_o.jpg

x54nspGQ_o.jpg

And after an hour or so this is where i am at,

9FNkLGNU_o.jpg

fgbkx1Jy_o.jpg

I know its only a tiny bit of the actual plane, but this still took me some time to get to a level where i would download it, and as a first time try i think my progress looks pretty good.

Right now i have kind of figured out that i should keep my zoom level at a certain distance, and not try to almost add individual specs of dirt/wear/tear because most likely its not even visible in game.

Does anyone have any tips that i can use to wear/tear/dirt up the rest of the A-10?, so that it for example looks like the QF-16?

And anyone have any other remarks that i can build on?, what should i watch for while i continue?, what should i avoid modifying?, any layers on the A-10 that are off limits? or are all open to modification?.

Any help would be appreciated :thumbup:

Edited by m0j0NL

My skins: https://tiny.cc/m0j0NL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Day 2.

Spent a couple hours fading features, dirtying up the plane, and thinking about what to wear and tear.

This was my first time using the skin in game:

bzZITcs9_o.png

Overall effect looks good, fading on decals, roundels and such is subtle enough, and the Orange looks like its the +- correct to real drone planes.

VNGed3XA_o.png

oQwno3g0_o.png

First "mistake" the drone number on the nose needs to move.

I like how the name tag/raven looks, still a hint of a previous owner.

The USAF roundel could use a bit more faded wear and tear, looks to much like photoshop brushwork.

The heaviest dirting i did around the 2 "holes" near the lightning/power symbol, on the template they were already dirty, but i upped it 200%, and looks ok to me, will use this color/technique to dirt up the rest as well.

WDI6xZOj_o.png

iFb8vD2b_o.png

One thing i do find hard is trying to figure out on the template, which part goes where.. i was pretty sure i did both rudders in orange... guess not.

But.. the rudders in their original grey does look pretty good..hmm what to do.

Overall i`m happy with my progress, and by the time the F-16 module comes out i should have the finer details of skinning down to make a QF-16 skin or 2-3.. can`t wait to shoot them down!

All Hail F-4 Phantom! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the compliment Winterz (fyi, i only did the A-10).

Day 3 and i`m done..if i spent more time on the skin i`ll probably wreck it.

Dirty enough, Orange bits i feel should be Orange are Orange, bit more wear and tear.

mY4IJQBp_o.png

xc2RnbNk_o.png

hLU4hnhC_o.png

co0VlUQ1_o.png

Already started on Skin #2, this time its a real world A-10! :D

H21pIrd7_o.jpg

NjP5YJwT_o.jpg

Edited by m0j0NL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]