Script for 3dsmax2008+ to change the HUD/MDF's position and size (FC2)

OnePride

• ED Team

Script version 1.3

Updates:

v 1.3

- for each aircraft (except Su-25A) added PNP-DIST and PNP-KURS

- for F-15 added FUEL-L and FUEL-R

- for А-10 added FLARE and CHAFF

- for Mig-29A/S/G added FLARE

v 1.2

- added mirrors for each cockpit; added PLASHKA-FUELFLOW-L,PLASHKA-FUELFLOW-R and PLASHKA-FUEL for F-15 cockpit

v 1.1

- fixed bug with saving after some changes

Ldk0.jpg

Installation:

From zero:

1) Extract the archive to the folder {3dsmax root directory}\Scripts

2) On the top menu of 3dsmax select "Max Script -> Run Script..." and execute "EditCMD_UI.ms"

3) In the same menu choose "Customize -> Customize User Interfaces..."

4) Select tab panel "Toolbars", then select category "OnePride Tools"

5) At the bottom-left frame you see script "Edit ILS MFD in the LockOn's cockpits". Drag-and-drop it to any panel with buttons at the main UI of the 3dsmax.

6) Execute the script via fresh created button. You can set hotkey to this script analogically, by choosing tab panel "Keyboard".

If you have old version:

1) Delete old files and replace them by new ones

2) On the top menu of 3dsmax select "Max Script -> Run Script..." and execute "EditCMD_UI.ms"

3) Enjoy

Use:

1) In the edit box "Path" is written path to the "Shapes" directory of the FC2. This value is read from registry by default. If it's not - write the path by hands.

2) From the drop-down listbox choose a model of cockpit, that you want to modify.

3) Push the button "Load", then you see new objects in the current scene, that associated with ILS and MDF from selected cockpit. Scale and position of the objects are matched to their scale and position in the original cockpit.

4) While the button "Load" is pressed, you can move and modify all new objects as you want.

5) After all changes push the button "Save", then waiting for magic inscription "[saved]" under it. If everything is fine - modified cockpit was saved in the same directory "Shapes" with the same name, but extension will be ".modified". For example, if you modify "Kabina-F-15.cmd",then the saved file will be named as "Kabina-F-15.cmd.modified"

6) Use modified cockpit as you want.

Important: you should not to change vertices and faces count of each object which created by the script.

ps: original thread

pps: hello from Russia:)

ppps: don't kick me up too strong for my English language :D

Edited by OnePride
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One tip or trick. If you want to deactivate the HSI distance and heading white numbers (that's still visible after you use a ...kabina.cmd modification) you can do the following:

Open a kabina.cmd with any HEX editor (for example XVI32) and find the following two names: PNP-PLASHKA-KURS and PNP-PLASHKA-DIST

You have to rename it for example PNP-PLAAAAA-KURS.. and voila the white texts are disappear as well.

Same errors in MAx 8 and 9 also ver 1.1

Win 7 x64 (norwegian locale)

reg path to game correct, also tried : D:\games\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Bazar\World\Shapes\

-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\Scripts\Edit_ILS_MFD_v1.2.mse>

-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock

-- Defined in encrypted script

>> MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception: -- Syntax error: at bad, expected <factor>

-- In line: <<

-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\Scripts\Edit_ILS_MFD_v1.2.mse>

>> MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception: -- Syntax error: at bad, expected <factor>

>> -- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\Scripts\Edit_ILS_MFD_v1.2.mse>

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Ok thanks, was thinking max 8 and above but i guess its 2010 trial time then.

Have to add my open source speech tho ;) so much better for all in the end

Either way its good to see my initial discoveries produce such sweet fruits

• ED Team

hm, as said to me that mirrors have been visible in the custom cockpit... before I started to update the script.

As i think we can try to use method that was explained by Blaze, by changing matID for all objects from the current CMD-model and replacing Kabina-***GLASS.lom with a custom cockpit, without skins-file's digging. But I'm not sure about render's order of this combination. May be the results will be the same as we have now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The results will be the same but with mirrors (tested before i passed on the GLASS info to Blaze)

i'm guessing Blaze was probably using his already modified .CMD where he had edited out the rest of the geometry when testing your script. (i'm assuming he is the one that told you mirrors work?)

So if he could share his work with the rest of us it would be nice, the pits are ofc great with only the hud mfd's but mirrors make it all so much better.

The work around would probably be to change the positions of the hud mfd and mirrors to a position much longer forward and then change the viewpoint or cockpit local point, also you would have to move the custom pit within 3dsmax

The orignal pit would then be out of view either below or behind your custom pit

I'm doing some testing atm

If anyone has a better way ofc please do tell

Looks like i have the info i need to sort the pit using the GLASS method. (something i belive we can thank you for OnePride)

In any case we should probably start working on a base clean cockpit for all the pits that we can release to the community. lots of work but doable.

Edited by trigen

so, now i'm waiting crowds of modders, that will make for us a heap of different cockpits, and then show the results on this thread, and on the lockonfiles too:D

Your wish, is our command....

Hud messed up due to model scaling, will be fixed though.

ScreenShot_032.jpg

ScreenShot_033.jpg

Following this method is there a chance that maybe the afterburner could be placed ?

The afterurner can be placed anyway by modeling your own in the 3dmax file and assigning the textures to it.

Or do you mean the heat blur?