AIM-120 AMRAAM Performance Increased

max22

The 120 performance was NOT changes to 'beat SD-10'. People who keep repeating this myth need to keep their lies to themselves.

All missiles are up for review and adjustment - the 120 just happens to be the missile that people love to hate and love to love. I didn't see any complaints about the AIM-7 adjustment though that's not surprising since it's seriously under-perfoming.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The 120 performance was NOT changes to 'beat SD-10'. People who keep repeating this myth need to keep their lies to themselves.

All missiles are up for review and adjustment - the 120 just happens to be the missile that people love to hate and love to love. I didn't see any complaints about the AIM-7 adjustment though that's not surprising since it's seriously under-perfoming.

Those who can use AIM-7 use AIM-120, R/ER-27 is even worse then AIM-7 in guiding. By the way, some hate ET that much that 2 flares is enough to spoof it in full gate :)

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I didn’t watch the video but if above a certain range it lofts if you pitch up more then 15 degrees. I’ve seen it loft in various builds at very long range shots, maybe I’m not pushing it enough
I will try that, though im the video (long range 25nm 16k shot) the missile loft by itself, no pitch induced.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

That is strange, I cannot get it to loft as in the video. Are you guys seeing the same? It could be an WIP feature in 2.5.6 that have been corrected in the latest patch? Or is it just me?

I have difficulty getting it to loft, it seems very inconsistent. Though I've used the aerobatics task to create a stand AI missile avoidance maneuver and the 120 can hit up to 25 miles away. Unfortunately I've also seen it outright avoid trying to hit its target. I'll have to remember to submit a bug report later on. The flight model is better, but we still need the upcoming guidance update.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Those who can use AIM-7 use AIM-120, R/ER-27 is even worse then AIM-7 in guiding. By the way, some hate ET that much that 2 flares is enough to spoof it in full gate :)

Stock AIM-7 can't fly anywhere so its guidance isn't that important, if you catch my drift. Besides, I've had no trouble decoying AIM-7s and that's even when I cranked up the chaff resistance in the missile mod - maybe that parameter isn't working or I'm not understanding it well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

... how about no. Nothing's being set to be 'on par' with the SD-10.

Sure! Only spamraam should be on par with the SD10. God forgive that other redfor planes have competitive long range missiles. :no_sad:

This is no MP shooter. This is a sim. :smartass:

Thats the true reason why EDs buffs the spamraam as soon as a competitor is available. Spamraam needs not to be worse than SD10. Must buff, must buff,...

Sure! Only spamraam should be on par with the SD10. God forgive that other redfor planes have competitive long range missiles. :no_sad:

This is no MP shooter. This is a sim. :smartass:

Thats the true reason why EDs buffs the spamraam as soon as a competitor is available. Spamraam needs not to be worse than SD10. Must buff, must buff,...

I kind of agree with you. The BlueFlag dynamic campaigns on BuddySpike servers are West vs West because nobody would fly Russian planes anymore. Too bad.. ED said they have all missiles on the revision list but who knows if, when and how they will improve the 27s. But we're in minority here and money talks.. still.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

You just don't get it.

No, that is a lie. First of all... it's AMRAAM ... and all missiles are on the table for updates. Nothing is being made 'up to par' to SD-10, especially since that missile needs some serious revision itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@GGTharos: It's very hard to change opinion of people when aim-120 in the game had multiple iterations through dcs/lockon history, each one with vastly different performance marked as "realistic" by developer itself.
To be fair, the developer, in this case ED has always acknowledged limitations in the engine/simulation that have produced some "missbehaviors", like drag curves that did not adapt well to different altitudes, guidance logic issues or even limited PN and lofting algortihms...

They are trying to iterate on that.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

@GGTharos: It's very hard to change opinion of people when aim-120 in the game had multiple iterations through dcs/lockon history, each one with vastly different performance marked as "realistic" by developer itself.

All missiles have had multiple iterations - people just like to forget this because their favorite missile doesn't behave the way they believe it ought to.

As far as I know, R-27 family is next in line for an update and Chizh has acknowledged a number of reports regarding issues with the seeker. Flight Model will be re-evaluated using CFD as far as I know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tharos what u say might be true about the amraam. But how do we evem.onow tho.

In amy case it sounds to like ur salty about sd10 being better than the spamraam. Dont know if it still is better or not after this buff. I hope its realistic yeah,, but still lots of crybabies here on these forums and on youtube too xD. I thought only grown ups played dcs xD.

Tharos, let them live in their delusion.

Missile changes have been on plans for years, mainly guidence logic... Have been planned way before the SD was a thing or thought about for DCS, it was said that it will be in development this year, way before the jeff

The first missile to be changed was also way before the SD.

It is normal for missiles to get developed multiple times trough the years as technology and data improves

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Tharos what u say might be true about the amraam. But how do we evem.onow tho.

In amy case it sounds to like ur salty about sd10 being better than the spamraam.

Going right back to your words, that's because you don't know. But I do. Yep, I don't know super deep details but I know what the drag graphs are supposed to look like, I know how the rockets motors are generally set up, and I also know that the missile had particular capabilities for it described by its IRL users.

Dont know if it still is better or not after this buff. I hope its realistic yeah,, but still lots of crybabies here on these forums and on youtube too xD. I thought only grown ups played dcs xD.

You're not being a grown-up either, talking about things you don't understand :)

There's no 'buff'. It was changed in accordance with new information, nothing else. They ran a CFD, they put those values into the game. They'll do the same with other missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course all missiles have had multiple iterations, and each iteration of each missile have had multiple complaint threads on this forum. You will never convince people that missiles are realistically modeled.

Sure thing, I don't think they're truly realistic either. I won't go too deep into that - we'll never have really good realism for the missile systems in DCS IMHO, but improvement is always nice to have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It will be so funny to read this forum if cfd for other missiles turn out to be a "nerf". Popcorn ready.

People should learn to use what they have in-game, regardless of realism.

What about AIM-7. Got it’s CFD rework back in 2018.

FWIW I think it’s about time we got animated fins, they look great

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg