GPS Spoofing

amalahama

Few options to simulate this exist. Turning off the GPS system for one. Or flying on a date in the mission editor before GPS existed. Then you need to perform INS fixes manually.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Do the navigation systems in the F/A-18 and F-16 work without GPS in their current iterations in DCS?

Probably not, you can add the harrier and m2k to that list most likely as well (m2k has INS modeled, but you can't update it or something like that IIRC), and I don't think the harrier has anything beyond perfect GPS nav enabled. To be fair, I think the harrier is using the same INS as the F18, and they will likely copy that once ED does it for the hornet.

I think the only 2 modules in game that actually have a functional INS modeled at this point are the Viggen and F14.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You can't spoof P(Y) code receivers. However, jamming does work (and would be an interesting EW feature in the sim).

Unless you break the crypto on em...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).