Naval Units to have 'Switch/Go to waypoint' command in ME perform task

robgraham

Topic kinda says it, but out of the 3 core unit types, Naval units are the only one with out a 'Go To Waypoint' Perform Task option which makes it rather well... annoying if you want say a ship to be basically steaming a picket line or something, because you have to try and build it a waypoint list that's long enough for the entire mission or script it to go from x co-ord to y co-ord rather then being able to simply tell it in the ME when you get to this waypoint Perform task - go to waypoint X.

The only 2 perform task options that Naval units have is Fire At point and Attack group.

It also means you can't easily do a push task if you want a ship to dynamically react to an event on the map.. Eg say change it's course based on something being captured, all because it doesn't actually have the option there!

So please could we get it added?

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Topic kinda says it, but out of the 3 core unit types, Naval units are the only one with out a 'Go To Waypoint' Perform Task option which makes it rather well... annoying if you want say a ship to be basically steaming a picket line or something, because you have to try and build it a waypoint list that's long enough for the entire mission or script it to go from x co-ord to y co-ord rather then being able to simply tell it in the ME when you get to this waypoint Perform task - go to waypoint X.

The only 2 perform task options that Naval units have is Fire At point and Attack group.

It also means you can't easily do a push task if you want a ship to dynamically react to an event on the map.. Eg say change it's course based on something being captured, all because it doesn't actually have the option there!

So please could we get it added?

+1 :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

+1,

And some functionality to be able to program a defined course and speed between waypoints, and having the ME present back to us information such as how long the travel time will be between waypoints at the chosen speed.

If I want to put a group on a 270 course, there should be a place I can type in 2-7-0 and not have to move the damn waypoint around on the map just hunting for it.

• 4 weeks later...