DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Just out of curiosity, i tested the airbrakes binding yesterday. If I'm nof wrong, I could stop airbrake extension mid course, but when I would retract it, it would retract completely.

Yes you are correct the open airbrake in the Tomcat opens it gradually while held and stops when released. The close command closes it all the way when commanded. I think I have found a little trick for it, but I can't be sure from memory, have to check when I get home.

Hi to all,

I am totally new to the TM TARGET software and the CTS One. I found a complete Cougar for very few Money, and I bought it. Changed ANT ELEV Pot and MAN RNG Pot. I am trying to use the CTS Software because I am too lazy to build my own profiles. I have also Foxy and CCP installed. The problem is: I build a script for an airplane, and the I lauch the targett software inside the CTS one. When I am inside DCS I cannot find my Cougar mapped. I tried to see the analyzer to check if the Cougar is ON, but it is stuck, the analizer recognizes my Cougar but I got no response from axes or buttons. If I close the CTS software, and use the TM Target alone, the analizer recognizes my Cougar and I can see the sliders moving when I use my Cougar. Do I make something wrong? or someone has a workaround?

With Foxy I have no problem in DCS.

Thanks in Advance

Emanuele

PS: I have Windows10, and I have already disinstalled the Windows Store.

Edited by veltro2

I know this has the lowest priority of all the issues you ever came across, but I'm reporting it just for the sake of it.

F-14 Pilot, TEMPO Shift+ROSB15 doesn't trigger Walkman Switch Side. Additionally, the default key binding (RAlt+B) conflicts with the default Tacview Bookmark hotkey.

Another issue: Shift+JOY_BTN5 doesn't perform Stick Show/Hide. It looks like the command is missing from the DCS Controls page, but it could be me...

Edited by Lorthirk

I know this has the lowest priority of all the issues you ever came across, but I'm reporting it just for the sake of it.

F-14 Pilot, TEMPO Shift+ROSB15 doesn't trigger Walkman Switch Side. Additionally, the default key binding (RAlt+B) conflicts with the default Tacview Bookmark hotkey.

Another issue: Shift+JOY_BTN5 doesn't perform Stick Show/Hide. It looks like the command is missing from the DCS Controls page, but it could be me...

Nice catch on the Walkman. Fixed internally and will be in the next release.

I couldn't find an issue with the Joy_BTN5. Joy_BTN30+Joy_BTN5 shows in the Thrustmaster Combined column for both Cougar and Warthog, and the control map in the Options menu is responsive when the stick is pressed. I have not had an opportunity to test it in the sim itself.

Also, still in the F-14 Pilot:

-Nose Strut switch is not working. Improved LUA Controller Mod is installed but the profile does not have any binding for those controls

-Is LANTIRN supposed to work with Improved LUA Controller Mod? The box in the Profile JPG says it should, but I have no LANTIRN command on the profile, and I couldn't figure out how to make it work...

I couldn't find an issue with the Joy_BTN5. Joy_BTN30+Joy_BTN5 shows in the Thrustmaster Combined column for both Cougar and Warthog, and the control map in the Options menu is responsive when the stick is pressed. I have not had an opportunity to test it in the sim itself.

What's the name of the control exactly? I couldn't find anything reated to hiding the stick... Maybe it's Improved LUA Controller Mod again?

Edited by Lorthirk

I can confirm that both Sitck Show/Hide and Nose Strut bindings are missing from Improved Controller Mod, so enabling the mod will break that functionality. I manually added them again and now I have those bindings.

Probably the mod was build on an older version of the F-14 module, and now the two files diverged. I'll try to get in touch with the Mod author to check if he can update it.

My only question is about LANTIRN now.

I can confirm that both Sitck Show/Hide and Nose Strut bindings are missing from Improved Controller Mod, so enabling the mod will break that functionality. I manually added them again and now I have those bindings.

Probably the mod was build on an older version of the F-14 module, and now the two files diverged. I'll try to get in touch with the Mod author to check if he can update it.

My only question is about LANTIRN now.

I should be able to do the comparison when I get home from work.

I compared the controller mod with the latest default.lua, and while there are differences in the keyboard file there wasn't anything different about hiding the stick or kneeling the aircraft. I'll try to test it tomorrow or the next day. In the meantime, I updated the default.lua to account for the new toggle functions; this will be out in 2.44.

In my controller mod the stick hiding was missing altogether, and the kneeling command was under -MODIFICATIONS instead of being under Flight Control. We are talking about the same mod, aren't we? :huh: I'm using the file downloaded from the first post of this thread

EDIT: Oh, after using CTS for almost three years I JUST DISCOVERED the "_Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install" folder. So I guess you're talking about THAT mod version! I'll just make the comparison, but I have no doubt you're right about it. And this also answer my question about LANTIRN. I'll report soon.

Edited by Lorthirk

I can confirm that using your version of F-14 Controller LUA Improvements fixes all my other issues about nose strut, stick hiding and LANTIRN. Sorry about that!

Just one last question: will you update your version of the mod with the differences you found between the Mod and the original LUA?

Also, in your mod, three bindings are missing from the Alerax mod:

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Throttle_Temp, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, value_down = -1, name = _('-Throttle Temp COLD'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Throttle_Temp, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, value_down = 0, name = _('-Throttle Temp NORM'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Throttle_Temp, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, value_down = 1, name = _('-Throttle Temp HOT'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},

in Alerax mod, they're located between

{down = device_commands.INLET_RAMPS_RightSwitch, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.AICS, value_down = 1, name = _('-Stow Inlet Ramps Right Switch STOW'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},

and

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Air_Start, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, value_down = 0, name = _('-Engine Airstart NORM'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},

I can confirm that using your version of F-14 Controller LUA Improvements fixes all my other issues about nose strut, stick hiding and LANTIRN. Sorry about that!

Just one last question: will you update your version of the mod with the differences you found between the Mod and the original LUA?

Also, in your mod, three bindings are missing from the Alerax mod:

<...>

Added.

Selecting I16 profile returns following error:

"Runtime Error: Divide by zero in AirBrakeProc ( line 1704 in DCS/DCS_Global_Subs.tmc )Aborting script (check output above for reason)...

Script stopped!"

My config: Warthog stick & throttle, MFG rudder pedals, 2 thrustmaster MFCDs

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

"Runtime Error: Divide by zero in AirBrakeProc ( line 1704 in DCS/DCS_Global_Subs.tmc )Aborting script (check output above for reason)...

Script stopped!"

Will investigate. Thanks for the report.

Script stopped!"

The I-16 shouldn't have an airbrake, so somehow the airbrake routine wasn't cleared out completely on the I-16 profile init.

Which profile were you using prior to switching to the I-16? This will really help me run the issue down.

The I-16 shouldn't have an airbrake, so somehow the airbrake routine wasn't cleared out completely on the I-16 profile init.

Which profile were you using prior to switching to the I-16? This will really help me run the issue down.

Since I tried the I16 right after loading DCS, I switched from the default A10-C profile (the one from CTS)

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Thanks. Just fixed it for the next release.

In the meantime, you can go into the DCS_I16.tmc file and change the values on lines 58-59 from 0 to 1, e.g.

BrakeOnCycleTime		=	1;
BrakeOffCycleTime		=	1;

That should at least prevent the DBZ error.

Thanks. Just fixed it for the next release.

In the meantime, you can go into the DCS_I16.tmc file and change the values on lines 58-59 from 0 to 1, e.g.

BrakeOnCycleTime		=	1;
BrakeOffCycleTime		=	1;

That should at least prevent the DBZ error.

As always, you’re very reactive and helpful.

Thanks a lot !!!

I will repost my request, if someone can help me It will be very appreciate:

Hi to all,

I am totally new to the TM TARGET software and the CTS One. I found a complete Cougar for very few Money, and I bought it. Changed ANT ELEV Pot and MAN RNG Pot. I am trying to use the CTS Software because I am too lazy to build my own profiles. I have also Foxy and CCP installed. The problem is: I build a script for an airplane, and the I lauch the targett software inside the CTS one. When I am inside DCS I cannot find my Cougar mapped. I tried to see the analyzer to check if the Cougar is ON, but it is stuck, the analizer recognizes my Cougar but I got no response from axes or buttons. If I close the CTS software, and use the TM Target alone, the analizer recognizes my Cougar and I can see the sliders moving when I use my Cougar. Do I make something wrong? or someone has a workaround?

With Foxy I have no problem in DCS.

Thanks in Advance

Emanuele

PS: I have Windows10, and I have already disinstalled the Windows Store.

What an amazing piece of work and an unbelievable gift to the community. Thank you very much!

Second that. Home Fries is a legend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hi Home!

RAZBAM announced here that there will be some changes in the upcoming updates for the M2000 according to AdA feedback. I cannot be sure about how this will turn out exactly until the updates are released, but if I'm not mistaken we will need a new button mapping since TWS/STT (H2 UP) will only switch the radar mode and won't perform AA Designate anymore.

Again we'll have to wait for the module to understand whether I'm right or wrong, but should I be right (something which rarely is :D) I would propose these changes:

A first, more invasive but slightly more realistic alternative, can be:

- H2 UP will switch TWS / STT but won't lock the target anymore

- Slew Control Push will perform AA Designate

- H4 Push won't do Target Unlock / Special Mode Deselect anymore, but will do Magic Slave / AG Designate/ INS Position Update

- Shift + H4 UP or DOWN perform Target Unlock / Special Mode Deselect, unchanged from current profile

Another more intuitive, although a bit less realistic, alternative could be:

- H2 UP will switch TWS / STT but won't lock the target anymore

- Slew Control Push performs Magic Slave / AG Designate / INS Position Update, unchanged from current profile

- H4 Push won't do Target Unlock / Special Mode Deselect anymore, but will perform AA Designate

- Shift + H4 UP or DOWN perform Target Unlock / Special Mode Deselect, unchanged from current profile

What do you think?

Edited by Lorthirk
Added alternative

Hi Home!

RAZBAM announced here that there will be some changes in the upcoming updates for the M2000 according to AdA feedback. I cannot be sure about how this will turn out exactly until the updates are released, but if I'm not mistaken we will need a new button mapping since TWS/STT (H2 UP) will only switch the radar mode and won't perform AA Designate anymore.

Again we'll have to wait for the module to understand whether I'm right or wrong, but should I be right (something which rarely is :D) I would propose these changes:

Thanks for the heads-up on this change.

I definitely want to keep target lock on H2U because TDC Press will often slew the cursor for warthog users. I'll definitely have a shift/tempo function for TDC Press and STT/TWS toggle, but I'll have to see what works best. I may have it as selectable in CTS options as well. I'll have to play with it when it changes to see what works best.