Animate a propeller (HELP)

Maxim76

Hello Pilots,

I realize a plane with a propeller and the problem is that I can not animate the propeller.

I did an animation with the arg 407 (360 degrees) but nothing turns.

Do you have a way out to rotate a propeller?

Does anyone have a more recent argument list than what is currently on the forum (version 1.X list).

Thanks for your help.

The animation works with the 40 argument but only on the AI.

player controlled aircraft of the propeller type do not have a generic SFM to interface with, user must create one.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

player controlled aircraft of the propeller type do not have a generic SFM to interface with, user must create one.

Could you outline the steps for doing that?

It's one thing to tell a person that they can't do something, or that it needs to be done a certain way, but if you know how it can be done, it would not take but a minute of your time to share that information.

Why must it be so difficult to get direct answers to questions in this community?

It just so happens I have a similar situation, and I am aware of the custom user arguments (we are using an EFM argument ##) , but beyond that, what are the basic requirements . The user guide is vague. And cites no direct examples.

For instance, how are the visibility arguments linked to the animation arguments on a given propeller? Can you even have multiple arguments on a single animation? Do the custom arguments have to be programmed the same for AI aircraft as well as the user flown aircraft ? Or can these use the standard argument #40 in conjunction with the custom argument , These things are certainly not covered in the user guide.

I was able to find this post regarding visibility, but it needs further clarification Regards to propellers https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2711246&postcount=2

So any pearls of wisdom you can share in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JazAero

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

Could you outline the steps for doing that?

It's one thing to tell a person that they can't do something, or that it needs to be done a certain way, but if you know how it can be done, it would not take but a minute of your time to share that information.

Why must it be so difficult to get direct answers to questions in this community?

It just so happens I have a similar situation, and I am aware of the custom user arguments (we are using an EFM argument ##) , but beyond that, what are the basic requirements . The user guide is vague. And cites no direct examples.

For instance, how are the visibility arguments linked to the animation arguments on a given propeller? Can you even have multiple arguments on a single animation? Do the custom arguments have to be programmed the same for AI aircraft as well as the user flown aircraft ? Or can these use the standard argument #40 in conjunction with the custom argument , These things are certainly not covered in the user guide.

I was able to find this post regarding visibility, but it needs further clarification Regards to propellers https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2711246&postcount=2

So any pearls of wisdom you can share in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

-1.0 to 0 is rotation slow w/ actual 3d propeller mesh.

0 to 1.0 is rotation fast w/ Blurred 3d Propeller mesh

User should create a cockpit system that inherits Arg 40, gives it a name/dim, and then set a variable to control it w/ engine RPM or Torque.

I dont have time at the moment to script an example.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs