SU-25T auto-pilot question

cthulhu68

I thought AP would work like most other planes and put me into alt./head. hold mode when pressing "A" but it seems to go to a steer to waypt type of AP. When pressing "A" again it doesn't disengage though lights go out on panel. I've also tried L ALT+A and L ALT+9 to disengage but that didn't do anything either.

Only thing that worked thing that's worked is switching to ALT hold AP which seemed fine but once again when pressing "A" to get back to manual flight it goes back into dragging me to waypt.

Has it always been like this or was default setting recently changed?

Do I just have to choose AP type I want first then "A" will engage/disengage normally?

...Has it always been like this or was default setting recently changed?

Do I just have to choose AP type I want first then "A" will engage/disengage normally?

As far as I know, the SU-25T Autopilot has these key-commands:

Autopilot_Attitude_Hold = {LALT 1}

Autopilot_Altitude_And_Roll_Hold = {LALT 2}

Autopilot_Transition_To_Level_Flight_Control = {LALT 3}

Autopilot_Barometric_Altitude_Hold = {LALT 4}

Autopilot_Radar_Altitude_Hold = {LALT 5}

Autopilot_Route_following = {LALT 6}

Autopilot_Disengage = {LALT 9}

Now, the "a" key is the same as LALT 6, but only if your current navigation mode is ENR o RET, otherwise its equivalent to LALT 3.

The key "h" is equivalent to LALT 4

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

mostly "h" works great, and for everything else just set up a hat switch or something as trim, the "a" key is kinda scary cause if you hit it at the wrong times your plane can be stuck in a roll even though your stick is centered... I think if more sticks had force feedback the autopilot would be a lot cooler...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope you don't mind me asking this question here.

After several months away from the SU-25T I thought I'd give it a run out. I was mucking about with the auto pilot and I found that whenever I pressed LALT 3 to go into level flight I immediately descended a few thousand feet then eventually levelled off. Several times I had to intervene to stop myself flying into the ground.

No idea why this should occur, any ideas would be welcome please.

Just a thought, nothing concrete to back it up, but quite possibly the FCS is setting to a "neutral" position before engaging. I've noticed that more often than not the aircraft is usually pitched anywhere up to 10 degrees nose up to maintain level flight (dependent on TAS and loadout, naturally)

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

This is a long standing bug, I've reported it several times in the last 8 years, it was even confirmed but never repaired. Basically the level hold and altitude autopilot or approach autopilot do not work as long as QNH on the map is different than 760 Mhg. Set static weather to 760 MhG or set QNH on altimeter to 760 Mhg and it will work (but you will fly at the wrong altitude).

Read more here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150622&highlight=Su-25T+autopilot+bug

This is a long standing bug, I've reported it several times in the last 8 years ...

Thanks for the clarification ... I didnt knew of this bug because I seldom use the Autopilot on the Su-25T ... lets hope it will get fixed someday :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB