A-10C Warthog Switch list

Deadman

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have suggestions for a low profile rotary that I can use for building into instrument faces like for the HSI, or for caging/uncaging/calibrating standby instruments?

I’m asking because I plan to get a display for all the centre pedestal instruments on the f-16. But that means some rotaries need to be mounted above/in front of the displays. So there isn’t much clearance space. Of course I can make the instrument frames thicker, but I want to be able to balance aesthetics with originality and with what can be done. 
note, I thought about using several very small displays, but I don’t want to use that many separate displays if I can avoid it, mostly because I only have one graphics card, and I already use 3 out of 5 ports

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2023 at 4:53 AM, BaronVonVaderham said:

Does anyone have suggestions for a low profile rotary that I can use for building into instrument faces like for the HSI, or for caging/uncaging/calibrating standby instruments?

I use the ordinary cheap chinese decoders. the profile is low enough to house them in a instrument bezel  

2v2Hj4GFnxUHnUD.jpg

2v2aNykroxUHnUD.jpg

• Like 1

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

The encoders are mounted to the bezel with their mounting nut (I think it's visible). bezels have recesses to hold the encoders and channels to route the wires. The bezels are bolted to a carrier plate (clear 1/4 acrylic sheet) that covers the monitor. Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

On 10/18/2023 at 5:03 PM, agrasyuk said:

The encoders are mounted to the bezel with their mounting nut (I think it's visible). bezels have recesses to hold the encoders and channels to route the wires. The bezels are bolted to a carrier plate (clear 1/4 acrylic sheet) that covers the monitor. Or am I misunderstanding the question?

You understood correctly, thanks.