UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean EXCITED :pilotfly:

Exited is when you leave.:thumbup:

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Update 4

OK. We've got some funky DirectX 11 action going on. Initial tests indicate that UltraMFCD can easily keep up with/not tank the new and improved frame rate of DCS. While still a simplistic test, DCS is pegged firmly at the refresh rate of my monitor (60FPS) using an AMD 7970.

For the technically minded, the significant FPS drop with UltraMFCD 1.0 was entirely down to severe restrictions regarding the flexibility of DirectX 9 - specifically being forced to copy all the MFCD data from the graphics card to system RAM, and then straight back to the graphics card again. This DX11 business is a brave new world, eh?

:)

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Update 4

OK. We've got some funky DirectX 11 action going on. Initial tests indicate that UltraMFCD can easily keep up with/not tank the new and improved frame rate of DCS. While still a simplistic test, DCS is still pegged firmly at the refresh rate of my monitor (60FPS) using an AMD 7970.

For the technically minded, the significant FPS drop with UltraMFCD 1.0 was entirely down to severe restrictions regarding the flexibility of DirectX 9. This DX11 business is a brave new world, eh?

awesome!!! :thumbup:

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

People who have been monitoring this thread closely will have noticed my saying, repeatedly, that "fullscreen mode will disappear completely very soon", as it really makes no sense whatsoever in Windows 7 upwards.

And there we have it.

Edit: And will also have noticed my saying "while fullscreen support is entirely possible, there is presently no intent to code for it." Now you know why.

More than ever now since there is no black screen on additional monitors.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Please define significant? ;)

Haha! FC3 aircraft and full-fat DCS aircraft are coded very differently. Earlier this year I was successful in isolating all the displays of FC3's F-15C. However it was already evident by that point that the "grand shift" to DirectX 11 precluded any financially-realistic work in that direction, given that it would only further complicate the work taking place at present.

The bottom line is that it's entirely possible at the proof-of-concept level. However it will not proceed until I've upgraded uMFCD to stable-DirectX 11 and have sorted KA-50 support.

--Baker

P.S. Here's a screenie of the preliminary stages of said "isolation" work.

F-15C_Progress_Cropped.png

• ED Team

Ok guys, cleaned things up a little. So we dont normally do this but let me clear a few things up...

Two points:

1- The director of ED has not had time to review the proposal but in no way does this indicates that eagle is actively against his work. Rather he should just ask for an update, which is what I directed him to do, not more than a couple days ago.

2- He certainly did not have his posting privileges suspended because he wanted to modify a file or change some colours. That is nonsense, he was suspended for re-started closed threads that is a clear violation of stated forum rules.

Unfortunately as stated on these forums, a warning level totaling 40% gets you a 1 month loss of posting rights.

I very much enjoy his add on, and had hoped he would try and contact ED and get it made official, I hope that still eventually happens, but he needs to work with ED within the rules as do all of us. If or when that happens, this thread can be re-opened, until then we need to leave it alone.

Edited by NineLine
  • Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png