Open Source Helios

[FD]Ripper

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to get the RWR to appear on my screen using MonitorSetup.lua , and can't get it to display. The two MFCD's are appearing fine, but no matter where I position the RWR, nothing, just a blank bit of screen

This is the text I am using in the .lua file (numbers are different but you can see the syntax and wording)

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 5586;

y = 141;

width = 200;

height = 200;

}

Is there a missing part of the script?

Cheers

Les

Hi Les, Apart from the MFD's (which are usually already defined), the other viewports need to be defined. for the A-10C , this is in file Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator\AN_ALR69V.lua. If you look in Capt Zeens profile rar, the required file is in "Monitor Configuration\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator"

Hope this helps.

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

Thanks, I was able to get this done. All working well, apart from when I forgot to define the extra screen height...

Now my attention is on the IAS indicator, which I remember is built up of various bits (back, needle, surround, marker from memory). The problem is that I now can't open any of Capt Zeen's profiles - they crash the profile editor program when you try to open them. The intention was to try and copy them across, or at least use for reference, but they seem to be incompatible with my Helios install (Version 1.4.2019.1005)

Is this something that has been seen by others?

Cheers

Les

Edited by lesthegrngo

Problem opening CZ profiles in 1.4.2019.1005

The problem is that I now can't open any of Capt Zeen's profiles - they crash the profile editor program when you try to open them. The intention was to try and copy them across, or at least use for reference, but they seem to be incompatible with my Helios install (Version 1.4.2019.1005)

Is this something that has been seen by others?

Not that I am aware of. Do you see the problem opening a CZ profile which you've just downloaded from his site (without changes)? If so, which one?

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

The one I tried was a direct download from the site onto my game rig, the A10C profile on this page

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/downloads.asp

I'm going on vacation for a few weeks so will have a break from beating my head against the DCS wall! Hopefully when I get back I will be reinvigorated and work it out

Cheers for the help as ever

Les

Seeking help for how to change the output value from original object triggervalue.

For example. a 3 way toggle in HELIOS return 0/0.5/1.

C54,3001,1.0

C54,3001,0.5

C54,3001,0.0

But F/A-18C Dispenser Switch position is 0/0.1/0.2 like below

C54,3001,0

C54,3001,0.1

C54,3001,0.2

How to modify it from Helios Profile?

Thanks.

Seeking help for how to change the output value from original object triggervalue.

For example. a 3 way toggle in HELIOS return 0/0.5/1.

C54,3001,1.0

C54,3001,0.5

C54,3001,0.0

But F/A-18C Dispenser Switch position is 0/0.1/0.2 like below

C54,3001,0

C54,3001,0.1

C54,3001,0.2

How to modify it from Helios Profile?

Thanks.

We are tracking this as a bug in Helios https://github.com/BlueFinBima/Helios/issues/185

The command value mapping is apparently incorrect in Helios. It will be fixed in the next release. We don't currently have the ability to edit the DCS command code mapping in the Profile, so this needs to be fixed in code.

I may be holding a class for a few people on how to install and use Helios. I just want to verify that Capt Zeen's profiles can be used on a regular monitor (a non-touch screen monitor) with just the use of a mouse. Please verify.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 weeks later...

The update today for Helios does not seem to work without Visual C++ "14.26.28127.04" Runtime Libraries (x64 and I cannot seem to find this program on github or on Microsoft. When I load a jet, the Helios profile disappears.

OK. Found the Visual file and everything seems fine.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I believe that when I installed Helios (not sure which one), the installer looked for the Visual file, but delivered an error. So I found the file myself and installed it and now everything works. I was not clear that installing with the exe file would have installed the visual file. I am not sure if it did.

BluFinBima

Just a suggestion, but if you include in the install instruction that:Hi Sobe, if you installed via the "Helios Setup.exe" program, the Visual C++ runtime should have been installed. It might help others.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody

I'm using the wonderfull Capt Zeen F/A-18C Helios profile on a 24" touch screen and a 27" as main cockpit view. Helios works great but i'm in trouble with my DDI and AMPCD export. I can't deal the strokes definition between the DDI and AMPCD on the 24" with HELIOS and the HUD on the 27" main screen.

With the DrawLineAsWire option to true the export are unreadable because too thin, if false there are too big. If i adjust the stroke def in the common multipurpose display script from 0.8/0.5 to 0.4/0.2, DDI and AMPCD in HELIOS are quite acceptable but the HUD in virtual cockpit is too thin!!!

Is there a way to tune the stroke def of DDI/AMPCD independently from th HUD!!

Sorry for my poor english writing

Denver

Hi everybody

I'm using the wonderfull Capt Zeen F/A-18C Helios profile on a 24" touch screen and a 27" as main cockpit view. Helios works great but i'm in trouble with my DDI and AMPCD export. I can't deal the strokes definition between the DDI and AMPCD on the 24" with HELIOS and the HUD on the 27" main screen.

With the DrawLineAsWire option to true the export are unreadable because too thin, if false there are too big. If i adjust the stroke def in the common multipurpose display script from 0.8/0.5 to 0.4/0.2, DDI and AMPCD in HELIOS are quite acceptable but the HUD in virtual cockpit is too thin!!!

Is there a way to tune the stroke def of DDI/AMPCD independently from th HUD!!

Sorry for my poor english writing

Denver

Since I hear this complaint a lot, I don't think there is any way to set them separately. If someone else knows, please let me know as I am currently collecting a set of "reference patches" to include with Helios and the stroke defs are definitely in there. If there is a better way, I want it.

• 3 months later...

I have used Helios for a number of years. But I always wait for a few weeks after an update, just to check on others' feedback.

I currently use 1.4.2020.0315. However, when I try to update to the latest version (1.4.2020.0530), it tells me that I have a later version installed and then exits. It also continues to prompt me to update to the latest version whenever i enter Helios. The version as installed works OK.

Any suggestion as to what might be the cause?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...