A10 Jerky Zoom

FireManDan

Hi, finally flying around in DCS. I have my axis zoom binded to 1 of the slider knobs on my X52. When I zoom in there are tiny inputs that is jerking the zoom back and forwards. Searched everywhere and cant find a solution. Ive put in a small dead zone to fix the issue when it is centered but doesnt help when zoomed in. Please help.

The issue is the potentiometer in your device is the cheapest p.o.s. Saitek could find. The solution is buying a device that doesn't suck. No offense. I have owned multiple Saitek devices. The X55/56 are decent, the X52 sucked designwise and qualitywise. Saitek in general uses cheap components in their units, but devices designed prior to the Logitech acquisition are particularly poor quality.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The issue is the potentiometer in your device is the cheapest p.o.s. Saitek could find. The solution is buying a device that doesn't suck. No offense. I have owned multiple Saitek devices. The X55/56 are decent, the X52 sucked designwise and qualitywise. Saitek in general uses cheap components in their units, but devices designed prior to the Logitech acquisition are particularly poor quality.

and what would a device that doesnt suck be

I had the same issue with my HOTAS Warthog.

I use the throttle slider axis as zoom but as long as there's any kind of LED turned on it gets the jerky spikes. The only solution was to disable LEDs completely. Can you do the same on the Saitek X52?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

It was possible to turn them off in the software, but they always came back on eventually. Many of the cheaper HOTAS use cheap potentiometers for their axises, it's just Saitek, particularly their older models, are bottom of the barrel. Potentiometers read voltage changes as input, the jitter you see is because the signal is unstable. They should automatically filter that crap out, but nobody does. If you want to avoid that, you have to look for controls that use non-contact axises, like magnetic hall sensors, etc. Or at least a better grade of pot than Saitek uses.

There are multiple brands out there, most all of them are better than Saitek. Saitek's X55/56 are the only devices they produce worth a crap. Thrustmaster and CH offer similar low-to-mid range equipment but are slightly to moderately more expensive. VPC and VKB produce limited run boutique gear that is quite pricey but also very high quality.

The X52 is simply the absolute bottom most HOTAS on the market. I mean, the stick and throttle are tethered with a PS2 cable because they were too f'ing cheap to use an extra circuit board. That says it all right there, it's a case study in bad design and cost cutting.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same issue and the fix for me was to assign a modifier button that I pressed along with my zoom. For me I assign the pinky button as a modifier and press and hold that down and use my TMS Fwd and Aft for Zoom in Slow and Zoom out Slow controls on TM Warthog Stick.

I also used this successfully with the friction rotary on my TM Warthog Throttle. The key being the modifier being pressed which takes away the bouncing or constant zooming in/out effect.