VR Pilot (wip)

=DECOY=

Looks great, can’t wait to see it in all its glory

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Looks good.

Any work on a harrier or mig pilot? IIRC you guys posted a harrier pilot WIP a while back.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Looks good.

Any work on a harrier or mig pilot? IIRC you guys posted a harrier pilot WIP a while back.

Probably Timghetta doing both. Great level of details, so probably a lot work, takes time for each one. Totally different flight gears :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

This is nicely done, the quality seems top notch !

When referring to animation, do you think you could enhanced what's actually in the game and offer something similar to another highly animated pilot released not too long ago in another plane ? Just a wish :x

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Tim, Looks real nice!

Quick question, is it basically all "art" or is there a bunch of coding involved with the animation as well?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is a ''pilot without hands'' option considered, as shown in the photo, so we can operate the side panels while still having the body / legs?

Or,, even better, is an animation possible where the respective hand will be moved back , or even act as a cersor, when the mouse is positioned over a side panel?

Edited by jaguara5

Is a ''pilot without hands'' option considered, as shown in the photo, so we can operate the side panels while still having the body / legs?

Or,, even better, is an animation possible where the respective hand will be moved back , or even act as a cersor, when the mouse is positioned over a side panel?

The current method to do this is just turn off the whole pilot, do what needs doing and turning him back on. At least this is what I do in VR. It would be cool to have some way of moving an arm so you could interact with a panel. OR, have all button presses/manipulations animated as well, or to have arms follow your VR gloves/hands (but I think this is likely way too much work).

The current method to do this is just turn off the whole pilot, do what needs doing and turning him back on. At least this is what I do in VR. It would be cool to have some way of moving an arm so you could interact with a panel. OR, have all button presses/manipulations animated as well, or to have arms follow your VR gloves/hands (but I think this is likely way too much work).

That's exactly what i personally want to avoid

That's exactly what i personally want to avoid

I get where you are coming from, but thats the way it currently works.

The way I "want" it to work in VR is probably going to be a lot of resources to get it to work right.

I.e. if I "lean" enough to the Right the left hand/arm gets moved so I can interact with that panel. Or "arm" tracking with VR gloves, though again, captoglove seems like its total vapor ware still.

I have a Button on my Throttle for the Body, so I can set my imputs and turn the Body on again.

I fly always with the Body Visual, if this opinion is available.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Tim, Looks real nice!

Quick question, is it basically all "art" or is there a bunch of coding involved with the animation as well?

Thanks,

attachment.php?attachmentid=224827&stc=1&d=1578762466

It's a pain in the ass process of skin weights to make the joints bend correctly.

The Pilot was scanned at a sitting position so there wasn't a stretching at the pelvis and has a nicer look, a more natural seat position.

Once the skin weights are correctly applied to each bone, we can then easily assign the same arg of the controls, animate to match the throttle, stick, and pedals movements.

Now with regards to the pilot doing other things that would require extreme coding and special techniques, basically a lot of work, reasons I will not say here as we are looking into this in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

I won’t say the title here to avoid problem.

But there is a VR Simulator with fictive aircraft designed to be flown with virtual controllers.

The VR pilot hands replicate your controllers positions.

So you see the hands in game move on each buttons.

But it isn’t as realistic or with as good graphics as DCS. Yet it was designed from ground up for VR use. :smilewink:

I tried, but I think transition from HOTAS to VR controllers and back is too much complicated with headset designed to cut you from the real world.

So for the time being I’m not sure animated arms does worth the extra work. My 2 cents...

That Mirage pilot is piece of art though :thumbup:

I will surely spend some time admiring my virtual flight suit, Mae West and G pants in my Rift S:D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

attachment.php?attachmentid=224964&d=1578942339

Nice. Though I always find the headless pilots hillarious for some reason.

Thanks,

attachment.php?attachmentid=224827&stc=1&d=1578762466

It's a pain in the ass process of skin weights to make the joints bend correctly.

The Pilot was scanned at a sitting position so there wasn't a stretching at the pelvis and has a nicer look, a more natural seat position.

Once the skin weights are correctly applied to each bone, we can then easily assign the same arg of the controls, animate to match the throttle, stick, and pedals movements.

Now with regards to the pilot doing other things that would require extreme coding and special techniques, basically a lot of work, reasons I will not say here as we are looking into this in the future.

Cool, thanks.

I'd imagine Ed would do some sort of heavy lift on new code for moving hands and such though, since the entire game would benefit from it.