Are the flight dynamic different from 1.5 to 2.0?

Kaned Dragon

Has anyone else noticed the flight dynamics of the Spit are different in regular DCS 1.5 compared to 2.0. Specifically Normandy.

I just tried the Epsom campaign, and I swear the Spit is more stable in the Normandy map compared to the 1.5 Caucus DCS.

Taxiing is more stable. It doesn't flap about and slowly loose direction. Even the speed seems to be more pronounced. By that I mean. I entered a dive and the ground came up much quicker. So much so i crashed into the ground. :joystick:

Has anyone else noticed this.

I ask in case it's my settings. Or maybe I'm not used to the new game engine.

Thanks

Coincidentally or not, I've just noticed that the Huey flies significantly differently in 1.5 and 2.1. In 2.1 (Nevada) it feels more "tight" and the added lift from forward flight only kicks in at higher speeds. In 1.5 the ball slip indicator keeps moving a lot more to the sides.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Keep in mind that Nevada average heigth is MUCH MORE than the Caucasus.

In some points it could be 3000 meters higher. Read some about helicopter flight capabilities at Sea Level or at 3000 meters.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Has anyone else noticed the flight dynamics of the Spit are different in regular DCS 1.5 compared to 2.0. Specifically Normandy.

I just tried the Epsom campaign, and I swear the Spit is more stable in the Normandy map compared to the 1.5 Caucus DCS.

Taxiing is more stable. It doesn't flap about and slowly loose direction. Even the speed seems to be more pronounced. By that I mean. I entered a dive and the ground came up much quicker. So much so i crashed into the ground. :joystick:

Has anyone else noticed this.

I ask in case it's my settings. Or maybe I'm not used to the new game engine.

Thanks

A lot of people have noticed some changes or feel them but according to ED there were no changes.

It could be the weather change. I usually only set the weather to super calm for my test flights. Have little experience with more dynamic weather set ups in DCS.

Or maybe the new game engine. Maybe I'm seeing if differently. Unfortunately I don't have force feedback so I can't tell if the feeling is different.

I think I prefer the handling in 2.0, not sure yet. But at least others has noticed a slight difference.

Well just means I need to practice.

Thanks yarl

Ground handling is a bit more "user-friendly" indeed, but that's most likely because of differences between gravel strips on Normandy and concrete strips on remaing maps. Should be a bit easier, as that's how it is in real life too.

Haven't noticed in-flight differences in similar weather conditions, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Flew the Huey again in different missions and this time I couldn't notice differences between 1.5 and 2.1. It could have been the altitude or weather difference before. This time I set the same altitude above sea level.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map