More whacky fun with planes - Su-33 Edition.

HolyMackeral

Also, my brakes bound to pedal axis don't work worth a damn. W key still operates them though.

ALSO, my tires explode pretty easily on this and the Su-27. Ambient temperature is only in the mid 70s. You could see my tires were intact after lifting off, but when I came back to land, I lowered them to find they popped at some point. I was doing a few maneuvers with ASC off, so maybe I just pulled too many G for them in their little cubby-holes.

• Like 1

The Su-33's enhanced turning radius is necessary for carrier deck positioning, taxiing and maneuvering. There's not much sense in abusing it on a concrete runway. No wonder you're having tire problems!

Try flaps down for takeoffs that don't blow tires. :thumbup:

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Pointless OP. The decades old flight model is dated, glitchey, and no longer acceptable? NOOOOO, realllllly?

Maybe that's why it's being replaced.

I agree with Buzzles, you only posted this to be a dick, considering all the advertisements and posts about the model getting replaced shortly.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

But now the nose wheel actually steers further.

It can turn almost 90° I assume, to turn it almost in place for carrier deck operation.

It´s just that the implementation and visuals are wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It's the upgraded Russian landing gear, for making the Su-27 carrier-capable.

Get a good set of tires on 'em and these babies corner like a Miata set up for autocrossing :)

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Lost three minutes of my life watching this ... the video tittle misled me a bit :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB