F-15C Eagle

Scart

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing, but as it's there on 'the real thing', I just thought it should be there in Lock On as well.

It would be useless without cables modeled, but would be nice just for the visual effect :)

...but one could go a bit too 'creative' with that tailhook and that big ship there, you know... :music_whistling:

Yes there is a tail hook. It isn't for carrier use; it is used to snag the wire on a normal runway in the event of an appropriate emergency.

There is no tailhook on a real F-15. The F-15 is a US Air Force jet and has never been used in carrier operations. It's air frame is not designed for that.

Youy are thinking of the F-14 Tomcat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There is no tailhook on a real F-15. The F-15 is a US Air Force jet and has never been used in carrier operations. It's air frame is not designed for that.

Youy are thinking of the F-14 Tomcat.

As AlphaOneSix and Tharos said, the F-15 does have a tailhook, most combat aircraft do actually, even the ones not used for carrier operations, this is to catch the cables at the end of the runway in case of for instance a break failure. The cable systems can often be raised or lowered depending on whether the pilot wants it up or not, but as far as I know its standard procedure for the USAF Eagle drivers to land with the cables up.

On topic, this model looks great, and Im really looking forward to flying it :)

The gear and hook aren't designed to land on a carrier.

I know. If it was actually made for that, it would need stronger landing gear and all adaptations to make carrier ops viable.

The tailhook is for catching cables at the end of the runway, just in case big sh*t happens.

As I said on the last post, "it would be useless without cables modeled, but would be nice just for the visual effect".

I don't think runways in Russian and Georgian airports even have them, so in this case it wouldn't help much. But for DCS:A-10C with Nevada, would be cool :)

screenshotce.jpg

:director:Marvellous ! :thumbup::shocking::beer::thumbsup::worthy:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

You guys stop teasing me.... no no no.. wait.. I didn't said that!!! :)

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p