Can you please activate the rwy lighting at night

BoneDust

Can you please active the airport lights at night.

Its so unrealistic that all of these big airports are dark as a stormy sky, and it is a simple thing that ED can fix. Getting really tired of calling ATC to active lights. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

So you're landing without contacting ATC?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

So you're landing without contacting ATC?
This. Make sure to contact relevent ATC and declare inbound. Presto the lights come on.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Getting really tired of calling ATC to active lights. :thumbup:

... said no pilot ever. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Did this break again? Previously we didn't have to contact ATC for the lights to come on. Why should we anyway when real airport lights are constantly on at night?
Are they really though? Maybe in a non combat zone where traffic is constant but I highly doubt they would be on if there is no traffic.

May as well have a florescent sign saying "bad guys bomb here" on the tarmac in thay case.

Honestly just get Voice Attack/Vaicom and get used to saying "Batumi, inbound". Its fun and immersive. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

... said no pilot ever. ;)

So you are a real pilot? I don't think so.

It is not realistic to have to call ATC to have the light activated all the time. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

We do not use the in game ATC because its not good. We make our own calls via SRS.

In addition, it is not realistic to have to call every time. Controlled airports are lit up like a Christmas tree, so it is very unrealistic and really dumb as it exists in DCS. Its a probably a simple thing for them to fix and it'd be nice to see some of these issue fixed because its been this way far too long.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Are they really though? Maybe in a non combat zone where traffic is constant but I highly doubt they would be on if there is no traffic.

May as well have a florescent sign saying "bad guys bomb here" on the tarmac in thay case.

Honestly just get Voice Attack/Vaicom and get used to saying "Batumi, inbound". Its fun and immersive. :)

If you're flying out of an airfield that close to the front sure they'd be off, but in DCS not all flights are combat flights and not all bases are close to the front. In general, it is not realistic.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

So you are a real pilot? I don't think so.

It is not realistic to have to call ATC to have the light activated all the time. :thumbup:

In a war zone? I would suggest they would be off 99% of the time in that situation. In peacetime, not so much of course, but the clue is in the C of DCS isn't it? Doesn't that take priority over peacetime operations? That makes the most sense to me.

In a war/conflict zone, not only would the airports be dark, all the surrounding night lights would be dark. Houses, streets, factories, and even car headlights would be dark.

I would imagine that DCS maps have four sets of map layers for day and four sets for night. (Summer, winter, spring, and autumn.) Perhaps... maybe... who knows... it might be feasible to have yet another four sets for war zone blackout?

For the record, in my squadron during Case III recovery, flight lead often reminds us to call the carrier to get the lights turned on. Each trap, the lights go out. Not realistic, but it does allow for lights-out traps. Now THAT's realistic.

By the way, anybody who's been on a carrier ever seen the island lit up at night?:music_whistling:

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

We do not use the in game ATC because its not good. We make our own calls via SRS.

In addition, it is not realistic to have to call every time. Controlled airports are lit up like a Christmas tree, so it is very unrealistic and really dumb as it exists in DCS. Its a probably a simple thing for them to fix and it'd be nice to see some of these issue fixed because its been this way far too long.

+1 Agreed the comms are pretty bad. There should be an option in the ME to set up lighting parameters in the case of online matches.

Also would be nice to get those airfield comms reworked sometime soon. I was playing around in BMS to learn some Viper basics for when it drops in DCS and found that airfield comms system slighlty more "advanced".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

90% of the airports around my house have their lights off after 9pm and require the pilot to activate them just fyi....

Anyways, if you want the lights on at an airport, you can place an AI set to takeoff from parking, then set its fuel to 0. Yes, this sucks because it does take up a slot but it does at least give runway lights and without the big floods on at the end of the runway too... I cant remember how long they will stay on for doing this but you could always respawn the AI if they shut off after x amount of time.