Second Sidewinder Not Firing

pegg00

My sidewinders are indeed selected.

i must admit, i am guessing at little bit here, but could it be that you have to deselect the rail with the first missile, that you already launched, so that >only< the remaining rail/sidewinder is selected?

as you might know, the f-5 is a bit picky when it comes to selecting ordnance...

There is a sidewinder on the pilon?

i would just assume, he refers to the wingtip rails...

i must admit, i am guessing at little bit here, but could it be that you have to deselect the rail with the first missile, that you already launched, so that >only< the remaining rail/sidewinder is selected?

as you might know, the f-5 is a bit picky when it comes to selecting ordnance...

Ill try that a bit later and report my findings, good idea.

It's not picky about arming the pylons. You just need to be out of A-G mode (the dial at 12 o'clock).

Press the pickle and hold it for a couple of seconds and the missile should fly off the rail. If this doesn't happen there might be a hardware issue or OP is not holding the pickle for long enough. You can try with the keyboard. If this works it might be an idea to check that the directx output of the joystick is working as it should. AIM's will not launch if you have the button programmed to send a pulse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

It's not picky about arming the pylons. You just need to be out of A-G mode (the dial at 12 o'clock).

Press the pickle and hold it for a couple of seconds and the missile should fly off the rail. If this doesn't happen there might be a hardware issue or OP is not holding the pickle for long enough. You can try with the keyboard. If this works it might be an idea to check that the directx output of the joystick is working as it should. AIM's will not launch if you have the button programmed to send a pulse.

I can fire the first one though? I've been playing DCS F-5E forever and this just happens now? I dont believe its a problem on my end..

I just tested based on this thread. I have zero issues launching sidewinders from the F-5. I would try a keyboard launch if holding the pickle isn't launching your second missile. It can seem to take forever and a day to get a missile off the rail in a sticky situation with this aircraft.

Sorry, no cool signature here.