F-16

SparxOne

MAC arrives in another few months and the changes are probably quite simple.

I’d be surprised if we get the F16 before next summer, and is likely to need a LOT of work to get it there.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I’d be surprised if we get the F16 before next summer, and is likely to need a LOT of work to get it there.

I’m of two thoughts on this. First, it took a full eight years from the time the community knew that the Hornet was in development to when we finally got early access. (I don’t even remember when Hornet was ‘officially’ announced.) Back around 2011 I thought we’d have it by maybe 2013-14. Clearly this was a grossly optimistic estimate. Also, a lot of the core sim updates we’ve been getting this year were actually planned for release back in I think 2015. To be honest, DCS development is quite a few years behind even ED’s presumably conservative estimates.

My second thought, though, is that now that 2.5 is out we’re FINALLY see the fruits of all their labor and a heightened release pace. And there should, in theory, be a lot of Hornet knowledge that will transfer quickly to Viper development.

In the end, yeah, I’d be totally surprised if we got a Viper by next year. I’m personally expecting it in 2020-21, but that’s what I thought back in 2011 too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(And none of this is meant as a swipe at or criticism of ED. They have extremely ambitious goals and what they’ve been able to accomplish so far is simply mind boggling. Speed bumps are to be expected!)

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Why not a simple F-16 included in Flaming Cliffs 4 and a full simulattion part of a eagle dynamics or 3rd party.:thumbup:

Here is a nice F-16 picture enjoy

maybe an F16A block 1-10 for MAC/FC grade because its simpler airplane to begin with. I think dumbing down a F16C block 50 for lower fidelity would hamper many of its capabilities, and a be a disservice.

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

maybe an F16A block 1-10 for MAC/FC grade because its simpler airplane to begin with. I think dumbing down a F16C block 50 for lower fidelity would hamper many of its capabilities, and a be a disservice.

Actually a better option would be a C/D block 25 model Since it introduced the AN/APG-68

the same radar in the block 50/52 just the first version of it.

Version 10 was installed in 2004 in the 50/52 blocks and is currently slated for replacement with a AN/APG-80 or similar system.

that way MAC/ FC users have a taste of the full on module and the systems will be familiar and transition from one to the other seamlessly.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

• 5 years later...